Quick questions??!!??

When you are incubating eggs (day 22)if you have eggs wobbling around but have not pipped what do you do?

Im at day 20 and my eggs have been wiggling for a couple days off and on..

I cant help you with your question as this is my first time also, but I wnna ask, do you notice a smell? Not rotten, just an odor coming off the eggs and or bator?

I haven't noticed any odor. We candled them at day 12 though and took out any that weren't growing.

have they still not hatched or pipped but are still wiggling??

Mine started hatching on day 20 and the last one hatched on the end of day 22... I had set 23 eggs, 18 hatched and the 19th had pipped the day before, was waiting for that one to hatch then I was going to take them out and candle the rest...Just as #19 started to zip # 20 pipped....As soon as it hatched I took out the remaining three, 2 were malpositioned and the third was rotten.
I tested before opening them up and was confident they werent alive, I scratched the shell, candled and smelt the eggs, even the rotten one didnt smell rotten til I broke the shell.

Out of the nine I put in 7 hatched
smile.png

One looks like it stopped growing early.
The other probably would have been fine if I would have left it alone
hit.gif

But I will know better next time!

I've seen quite a few posts that say their eggs have hatched on day 22 or 23 or even more, so I would leave them be; especially if they are still moving. You'd be surprised how fast they can zip once they pip!!

oh...I was too late! I just had my first hatch last weekend and did the same thing with 2 eggs. don't beat yourself up too bad. I understand, I felt horrible about it! congrats on the other 7!!

Out of the nine I put in 7 hatched
smile.png

One looks like it stopped growing early.
The other probably would have been fine if I would have left it alone
hit.gif

But I will know better next time!

This is new to me too, I candled eggs and tossed a few, looking back, they more than likely would have been fine...Had one chick hatch and was not doing well, after several hours I got my Husband and asked him to get it and take care of it because it was suffering, he told me to give it a bit longer... I sat at the computer and came in here and just started typing in its symptoms and realized the humidity had been to high when several others were hatching, the result was what they refered to here as sticky chick..Looked up what to do, did it and the chick is fine and thriving...Had it been left to me the chick would have been culled.. Its a learning process and I at least am thankful there is a place to go and get sound advice.

Just leave them still at least end day 23. I had a chick pip day 21 and hatch day 22. I have atm got a chick in the incubator which has interior pip and will chirp here and there but no sign of a exterior pip yet. Im not worried yet as im sure its just cause the yolk and bloody hasnt been absorbed yet. Its just turned day 24 for this little one :).

When you are incubating eggs (day 22)if you have eggs wobbling around but have not pipped what do you do?

I think the hardest part for us is waiting and letting mother nature take her course.
I do not toss eggs till day 25.... I had one hatch at day 27 a long time ago.poor baby almost went in the garbage.
My eggs under hens do not always hatch day 21....I see it as more of a target...........
Most do but there are usually stragglers..............
Sooooooo, just watch your humidity and keep busy..................
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom