Quick, where's the aspirin?

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by EmtheFishLady, Dec 9, 2011.

1. EmtheFishLady

EmtheFishLady We're all mad here Premium Member

Jan 13, 2011
    Glen, MS
    It's getting hard for me to ignore it nay longer...Christmas is here again. [​IMG] I am absolutely not ready for it. [​IMG]

STILL Christmas shopping for Lily and the various other children who put up with my presence in their lives...haven't even begun shopping for anyone else. [​IMG]

The cold weather, the stupid aggravating songs that have been playing since before Thanksgiving, the crazy crowds...Anyone else just not feeling it this year? [​IMG]

2. spiritdance

spiritdance Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 13, 2010
    To borrow a famous line here, "Bah, humbug!!" I'm with you all the way!!

3. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

See sig line. Never participate in Oct 31 through Jan 2. So, my days are pretty much the same as always, except the for having to see the ugly decorations and horrible crowds when we are forced to buy groceries and feed.

4. EmtheFishLady

Jan 13, 2011
    Glen, MS
    Quote:I would love that. If it weren't for my daughter, I would. My parents always made the holidays special for us, whether they enjoyed it or not, so I intend to do the same for Lily...No matter how much I despise them. [​IMG]

5. sourland

sourland Broody Magician Premium Member

May 3, 2009
    New Jersey
    It's only 12/9. What are you doing shopping already?

6. gritsar

gritsar Cows, Chooks & Impys - OH MY!

Nov 9, 2007
    SW Arkansas
    They're in the kitchen cabinet Em, help yourself. [​IMG]

7. gritsar

gritsar Cows, Chooks & Impys - OH MY!

Nov 9, 2007
    SW Arkansas
    Quote:My Christmas shopping is nearly done and Keith's birthday (Dec.14th) gift came today. It's already wrapped and added to the pile. [​IMG]

Now back to looking at bottles of Old Spice for Dad. [​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 9, 2011
  8. EmtheFishLady

Jan 13, 2011
    Glen, MS
    George, I like having all my shopping done WEEKS before Christmas. This year though...I dunno, I've been ignoring it. [​IMG] I wouldn't even acknowledge the holidays if it weren't for Lily.

Gritty, thanks. I'll take 30. [​IMG]

9. yomama

yomama Overrun With Chickens

I know what you mean. This year, something just feels off. I usually love the Halloween through Christmas time, but this year, I'm kind of just going through the motions. I have all my baking done, and gifts bought, but I had to have it done earlier than normal this year due to some upcoming events. I've decorated a little, not half as much as normal, and only because my youngest wouldn't get off my back about it, lol. I think having alot less money to spend this year also puts a bit of a damper on it. It all just kind of seems like a blurr anymore. God, I must be getting old. [​IMG]

10. CityGirlintheCountry

CityGirlintheCountry Green Eggs and Hamlet

Jul 7, 2007
    Middle TN
    I'm taking this year off. It hasn't been a very festive year. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by