Quickie McLay

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by LocoPollo, Mar 2, 2009.

1. LocoPollo

LocoPollo Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 13, 2008
    Ellijay, GA
    I am gonna name one of my sussex hens Quickie Mclay. Most of the hens sit on the nest for a half hour before laying, and little miss quickie comes in a squawking up a storm, jumps up in the nest, and in about three minutes jumps back down and heads out to the yard again, a brand new brown egg left in the nest. I have never seen a hen lay that fast! Wassup wi dat???

2. gritsar

gritsar Cows, Chooks & Impys - OH MY!

Nov 9, 2007
    SW Arkansas
    Funny! [​IMG]

Yesterday my SO was helping me in the chicken yard. Jezebel was walking around squawking and jumping off and on the nest and squawking some more. I'm used to this from her and know it takes her a good hour of this behavior before she finally settles down to laying. My SO however must have gotten sick of her squawking. He slapped his hands together real hard and hollered at Jezebel, "shut up! get in there and lay your egg already!" pointing at the coop.
    What shocked me is she did shut up, ran and got in the nest and layed her egg. [​IMG]

3. LocoPollo

LocoPollo Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 13, 2008
    Ellijay, GA
    Lol That is too funny!!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by