Quiet Cochin Rooster

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by mamachickn, Sep 13, 2008.

1. mamachickn

mamachickn Out Of The Brooder

Sep 13, 2008
    Little Suamico, WI
    I have a 6 mo old rooster that hasent crowed yet. He's huge and beautiful. Am I rushing it? All my other roosters seemed to crow long before this. He is the only one I have and if he's going to be this quiet I will be very happy!! Has anyone else have this happen with a standard cochin?[​IMG]

2. SpeckledHills

SpeckledHills Chillin' With My Peeps

May 25, 2008
    Idaho/Utah
    If he continues to not crow, his offspring will be in great demand! [​IMG] [​IMG] There are MANY people on here who would love to have a roo but can't because they live in an area where crowing would bother the neighbors. Keep us updated. [​IMG] Here's hoping!!

3. Jarhead

Jarhead Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 12, 2008
    Arkansas
    I would drive all the way up there in the dead of winter and pick up a rooster that didn't crow [​IMG]

4. chickiebaby

chickiebaby Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 2, 2008
    western mass
    Ditto, I'd about sell my immortal soul.

5. PAJerry

PAJerry Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 22, 2008
    Waterford, PA
    My black Cochin rooster is very noisy -started at about 13 weeks. He is also mean with some of the hens and he is very large. Dinner soon.

6. greenmulberry

greenmulberry Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 17, 2007
    Iowa
    I have a six month old EE rooster who hasn't crowed yet. I expect him to start any day now.

7. rebecca10782

rebecca10782 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 24, 2008
    I'll trade ya [​IMG] Ours started at 3 months, but he is missing his "doodle" he only cock a dooooo's VERY LOUDLY

Last edited: Sep 14, 2008

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by