Quiet death of 21 YO cat

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by turtlynne, Dec 1, 2009.

1. turtlynne

turtlynne Out Of The Brooder

Aug 2, 2009
    AIKEN
    Just had to adjust my profile to reflect the death this AM of my 21yr old cat 'Fu'...he died peacefully after sleeping in the sun on the deck Sunday and being briefly disoriented/not eating on Monday - discovered comatose early today and slipping away midmorning; kitties do 'slip' away. He has been a part of the family since my now 24 yr old son got him as a 3 yr old birthday present. It was a privilege to have him bless our lives - he RAISED my now 8 yr old Jack Russell! He had his picture taken with Santa last week(100 people yrs old!) for the first time( I do NOT think he was impressed!). I am computer clutzy or would post the picture! Up,up,up to the heavyside layer, Fu - you are missed already. He was definitely an old [​IMG] smiley!

Last edited: Dec 1, 2009
  2. turtlynne

turtlynne Out Of The Brooder

Aug 2, 2009
    AIKEN
    and don't you know I forgot to 'submit' the profile change....

3. chinbunny

chinbunny In a hutch

Aug 24, 2009
    Im sorry about your cat. [​IMG]

4. Imp

Imp All things share the same breath- Chief Seattle

so sorry. it's tough to lose a pet

imp

5. gritsar

gritsar Cows, Chooks & Impys - OH MY!

Nov 9, 2007
    SW Arkansas
    I'm sorry for your loss. Been there many times. [​IMG]

To change your profile, go to the top of the page and click on 'profile' and then 'personality'.

6. HippieChickens

HippieChickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 12, 2009

Last edited: Mar 25, 2010
  7. ThornyRidge

ThornyRidge Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 28, 2008
    [​IMG] sorry for your loss.. I have a soon to be 15 year old and a 12 year old who are both starting to show their age.. I cherish every day with them and the fact they love to still cuddle with me every night in bed.. they have been the greatest cats since I got them back in college...

8. Cluckthorne

Cluckthorne Out Of The Brooder

Oct 18, 2009
    Minneapolis, MN
    Sorry for your loss but what a life! That's something to celebrate. You'll see him in your minds eye for the rest of your life. I grew up with 2 cats that lived to 20 and 21, Muffin and Chubby, they were super cats just like Fu. Have fun on your next adventure Fu!

9. chickerdoodle

chickerdoodle Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 21, 2009
    Oregon
    Ohhhhh, my sincere condolences. We adore our two cats and I always feel so comforted with them purring in my ear as I fall asleep. "Fu" had a good long life and you'll see him again when your time comes and it'll be like you never parted. I have quite a zoo in heaven waiting for me (I hope I'm still going there...) Don't feel embarrassed about grieving for him as he was truly a chosen family member. [​IMG]

10. Skyesrocket

Skyesrocket Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 20, 2008
    [​IMG] Awww...so sorry for your loss. I'm glad his passing was peaceful.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by