Quiet ducks?

688peterl

Songster
10 Years
Oct 2, 2009
I still dont know which duck im getting but it will be sometime next week, i need to know which are quiet and which are loud

are White Campbell ducks quiet or loud because there my fave iv seen so far

Quote:
Yep - I have muscovies and they hiss more than anything else, the girls do make a funny squeak if we give them a fright and one girl is named squeaker because she does that so often! (its really a cute sound)

Don't know about White Campbells, but my Khaki Campbell is LOUD! She drowns out my roos, sometimes. I also have a Muscovy hen. She is super quiet. The loudest noise I get from her is when she gets out of the duck hutch in the morning, and flaps her wings to stretch.

I've had the following breeds, and many mixes between them: Rouen, Mallard, Blue/Black Swede, Muscovy, and Magpie. All of them but the Muscovies were loud in duck standards, but they weren't as loud as you would think. The muscovies are the friendliest, coolest, prettiest, most quiet breed I've ever had, and I can't wait to get more. I was one of the people who thought they were ugly, until I actually got them. Now I think they are BEAUTIFUL! They do grow on you.

Back
Top Bottom