Quiet Mornings

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by colada584, Sep 16, 2010.

1. colada584

colada584 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 15, 2010
    Gardiner, NY
    About a mile and a half down the road there are some cows and on quiet mornings I can hear them moo-ing. Crazy how far they are, yet I can still hear them. Makes me wonder how many of my neighbors can hear my rooster crowing in the morning and curse me haha. Oh well, that's the good thing about living in the country, they can't say anything (well they can, but it will do no good muwhahaha). Good thing we don't have any really close neighbors!

2. The Chicken People

The Chicken People Chillin' With My Peeps

May 4, 2009
    Smithville, Mo
    I have nine roosters...good thing my neighbors dont care!
    Need to adjust those numbers!

3. colada584

colada584 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 15, 2010
    Gardiner, NY
    Quote:nine roosters oh my!!! We had 11 at one point, but once they started crowing and wreaking havok, that was the end of that! Now we are down to one! lol

4. Bat Cave Silkies

Bat Cave Silkies Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 11, 2010
    Bat Cave, NC
    I live in the mountains of western NC......down in a valley, on a stream. It always amazes me at how sound travels WITH the water, stops when it hits an upward slope, travels easily downhill. In other words, I can hear my neighbors argue (who are uphill from me) but they can't hear my music though they're downstream from me.

I love my quiet mornings too, all I hear are my Silkies and the river.

5. HarlansHollowFarms

HarlansHollowFarms bana-bhuidseach anns gára

Jan 16, 2009
    My neighbour lives about 1/4 mile, and he says early in the morning he can hear my 1 roo.....and he likes it [​IMG]

6. thaiturkey

thaiturkey Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 22, 2010
    Thailand
    The day starts in our village before dawn with roosters, dogs and cows all having a lot to say for themselves. At the crack of dawn the neighbours are out to meet the mobile breakfast sellers. The temples bang their wooden gongs at 6.00pm and the passing lines of monks stop to chant some blessing to the folk who offer them rice.

I'm glad about all that because the neighbours cannot complain about our turkeys during the daytime or our loud conversations with them. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by