Quietest Parrots?

Discussion in 'Caged Birds - Finches, Canaries, Cockatiels, Parro' started by animalpro24, Jun 17, 2011.

1. animalpro24

animalpro24 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 13, 2011
    Oregon
    What are the Quietest parrots? That aren't super expensive.

2. Life is Good!

Life is Good! Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 14, 2011
    suburbia Chicagoland
    I've known Quakers who are quiet-ish - mostly make low 'grumbling' type noises. Cute too! But tend to not poo down onto papers (don't wish cage to get dirty) and instead poo sideways - outside of cage? Not so cute.
    Our Parrotlet chirps a lot, but is quiet enough that it's not a disturbing noise. Can be irritating if she's incessent on being with you. If she doesn't hear you in the house, she stops (eventually) and simply waits. But if she hears you and you don't come get her.....well, she's more than happy to let you know her displeasure - vocally.
    Hope this helps, a bit.

3. ben is a terror

ben is a terror Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 9, 2011
    LBI,NJ & JIM THORPE,PA
    A Pionus is a very nice parrot not to small, poops in cage, only gets loud when scared. Has a soft bill not sharp like some parrots. This will sound odd but they have a wonderful smell. People who own them will tell you about pionus smell. It's the only bird I know that has this. DO NOT GET A CONURE OR A COCKATOO!!
    they are beautiful and sweet but loud can not describe the sound. My neighbor lives 4 houses down from me and when the windows are open you can hear their cockatoo as if it were on my porch.[​IMG] I did foster work for a parrot rescue and most of the birds were too's and conures.
    Good luck finding you bird please do lots of research. Is this your first parrot?

4. animalpro24

animalpro24 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 13, 2011
    Oregon
    Well we had a young Parakeet for a bout two years, if we get animals they stay until they die. She died of unknown causes. Her name was Weezer. Thanks for all the info.

5. Nambroth

Nambroth Fud Lady

Apr 7, 2011
    Boonies of NY
    My Coop
    Quote:Not to be disagreeable, but my two pionus would make you reconsider! One of them is easily louder than a conure when she gets going.

All parrots are individuals! There is no 'quiet' parrot species, only (rarely) quiet individuals.

6. duckncover

duckncover Duck Obsessed

Jan 17, 2009
    North Eastern PA
    Parrotlets are pretty cheap and not too noisy.

7. VioletandBodie

VioletandBodie Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 11, 2010
    port
    go for a wooden one cheap, easy to care for and quiet

8. quintinp

quintinp Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 22, 2010
    Southern Oklahoma
    Life is Good! :

I've known Quakers who are quiet-ish - mostly make low 'grumbling' type noises. Cute too! But tend to not poo down onto papers (don't wish cage to get dirty) and instead poo sideways - outside of cage? Not so cute.
    Our Parrotlet chirps a lot, but is quiet enough that it's not a disturbing noise. Can be irritating if she's incessent on being with you. If she doesn't hear you in the house, she stops (eventually) and simply waits. But if she hears you and you don't come get her.....well, she's more than happy to let you know her displeasure - vocally.
    Hope this helps, a bit.

NOOOooo................... sooo wrong quakers a way louder than conures, i have two,,,, they are loud​

9. texasgal

texasgal Brood with an Attitude

Apr 18, 2009
    Quote:X2

10. texasgal

texasgal Brood with an Attitude

Apr 18, 2009
    Quote:My pionus were pretty quiet .. they can be SPOILED rotten though .. and will demand attention of you give in to them...

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by