Quilt for my brother's wedding present--its done!!

Discussion in 'Hobbies' started by Amanda0609, May 13, 2010.

1. Amanda0609

Amanda0609 Songster

Mar 22, 2010
    I started making blocks this week for a quilt for my brother. He is getting married in September. I am already half way through the blocks I am making. My sister is going to make some blocks as well. Here are some pictures of my blocks so far.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 29, 2010
  2. CedarRidgeChicks

CedarRidgeChicks Songster

May 5, 2009
    Adair Co.Ky
    [​IMG]..very nice!!

3. redhen

redhen Kiss My Grits... Premium Member

May 19, 2008
    Western MA
    ooh..hes so lucky!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! [​IMG]

4. leepsy

leepsy Songster

Jan 30, 2007
    North Florida
    That is going to make a beautiful quilt. [​IMG]

5. Acre of Blessings

Acre of Blessings Canning/Sewing Addict

Apr 3, 2008
    Axton, VA
    And to thnk that my daughter is getting married in Oct. and she wants a Wedding Ring Quilt and I haven't even started all I have to say to you is..... [​IMG] and for me..... [​IMG] I have so much to do!!!!! [​IMG] Calgon, take me away!!

6. Amanda0609

Amanda0609 Songster

Mar 22, 2010
    Thanks everyone. I wish I could make a double wedding ring, but it is far far beyond my quilting skills. I really need to get it put together soon because I am hand quilting it. I will only be able to do it after my kids go to bed. I don't think my 1 year old would be very helpful. The quilting is going to take me forever. Acre when you start that wedding ring quilt I think we need some pictures [​IMG]

7. Amanda0609

Amanda0609 Songster

Mar 22, 2010
    Its done and with a few weeks to spare [​IMG]

[​IMG]

the plain green block has their names and hearts quilted on it, it is impossible to see in this picture. I'm pretty happy with it. I hope they like it

8. bmax

bmax In the Brooder

Jul 31, 2010
    Conway, AR
    It is beautiful!!!! I wish I could quilt!!! I am sure they will love it! I love personal gifts like this!

9. True Grit

True Grit Songster

Wow, it's gorgeous. You have a wonderful eye. They will love it. I would have a hard time letting it go![​IMG]

10. crtrlovr

crtrlovr Still chillin' with my peeps

ooooooooooo!!! BEAUTIFUL! That is SO nice! It is a wonderful gift from the heart, and a very special work of art they can cherish.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: