Quilt for my DSD for CHRISTmas

Discussion in 'Hobbies' started by Acre of Blessings, Oct 21, 2011.

1. Acre of Blessings

Acre of Blessings Canning/Sewing Addict

Apr 3, 2008
    Axton, VA
    So, be honest and tell me what you think.....really [​IMG]

My 16 yr. old DD picked out the layout for this one. I am so proud of her....now I know she is learning a few things about sewing and quilting.

[​IMG]

Here is a close-up of the fabric.....

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 21, 2011
  2. ginbart

ginbart Overrun With Chickens

Mar 9, 2008
    Bloomsburg, PA
    WOW that is beautiful. You are a very busy person and it looks like you daughter has a good eye. [​IMG]

3. Lovely!~~~, would swap you some fabric for some of that large floral pink......[​IMG] [​IMG] well, and maybe that lacey looking one, and the one with the wall papery looking motif, or heck just all of them....[​IMG] Beautiful!!

4. Acre of Blessings

Apr 3, 2008
    Axton, VA
    Quote:I just bought this (the 3 printed fabrics) at Jo-Anns today. They have a great sale going on right now and it will end Sunday....So CCMH you better get here soon if you want any. [​IMG]

5. Quote:I just bought this (the 3 printed fabrics) at Jo-Anns today. They have a great sale going on right now and it will end Sunday....So CCMH you better get here soon if you want any. [​IMG]

Nope, easier to swap with you, the nearest Joann's fabric to me is 125 miles away......postage is cheaper than gas......[​IMG]

6. Acre of Blessings

Apr 3, 2008
    Axton, VA
    Quote:I just bought this (the 3 printed fabrics) at Jo-Anns today. They have a great sale going on right now and it will end Sunday....So CCMH you better get here soon if you want any. [​IMG]

Nope, easier to swap with you, the nearest Joann's fabric to me is 125 miles away......postage is cheaper than gas......[​IMG]

Online shopping!!!!! hehehe

I like swapping to. We will be doing another one soon.......stay tuned......

7. Sounds good! Hubby is giving me the stink eye, guess I better get off here for tonight.....company coming tomorrow...ughh!!!!! Have a great evening!

8. dmccann

dmccann Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 19, 2009
    darlington pa
    My Coop
    Beautiful!

9. country lady

country lady Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 8, 2008
    NW Tennessee
    I agree with the others-I love the colors and layouts.

10. wyoDreamer

wyoDreamer Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 10, 2010
    That is really pretty, I really like the layout.

Good job!

BTW, what does DSD stand for? I am so bad at guessing those abreviations ...

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by