Quilt Pattern Search

Discussion in 'Hobbies' started by CoyoteMagic, May 12, 2010.

1. CoyoteMagic

CoyoteMagic RIP ?-2014

I'm looking for a Aussie Cattle Dog either applique or paper-pieced quilt block pattern. I am making Kennel Pad/Quilts for Dogs at our Cattle Dog Rescue to take to their forever homes. Also making them to sell to raise money for the rescue spay/neuter and vet bills.

If anyone is looking for an Aussie on the east coast, we have a couple in Foster homes right now. We will even do what we can to get the dog too you.

www.carolinasrescue.com

Last edited: May 12, 2010
  2. Damummis

Damummis Chickenista

Apr 29, 2009
    Mid-Coast
    Can you use a wolf or coyote pattern. Change the colors up a bit. I know my ACD looks a little wolfie at times.

3. CoyoteMagic

CoyoteMagic RIP ?-2014

That may work if I just use the head. I think Aussies are a bit stockier and shorter than a coyote.

You have one?

4. Damummis

Damummis Chickenista

Apr 29, 2009
    Mid-Coast
    Yes. [​IMG]
    He is about 75lbs.

5. verthandi

verthandi Chillin' With My Peeps

May 18, 2007
    Maine
    Did you try searching under clip art?

6. Patchesnposies

Patchesnposies Chickens.....are my ONE weakness!

Mar 5, 2008
    Southern New Mexico
    CM, I found several links (on google) to a book that has hand applique patterns for many large breed dogs, that stated Australian Cattle Dog by name as one of the patterns.

Here is one on etsy: http://www.etsy.com/listing/30708804/beautiful-big-dogs-applique-quilting

It
    is available on (I think) amazon, and through other quilting sites, so I am not sure if the etsy book is the cheapest one available.

Good luck!

(Another thought I had was for stained glass patterns, it would be real simple to convert the glass to fabric.)

Edited to ask: Is that an ACD on the cover with the bandanna?

Last edited: May 12, 2010
  7. goldenluver

goldenluver Chillin' With My Peeps

May 20, 2009
    Springfield, Oregon
    I have the book BEST IN SHOW none in it, but I could copy a few of the patterns and you could alter them until you had what you need.
    let me know.

8. CoyoteMagic

CoyoteMagic RIP ?-2014

Quote:Didn't think of that!

9. CoyoteMagic

CoyoteMagic RIP ?-2014

Quote:Yup! It is!

10. goldenluver

goldenluver Chillin' With My Peeps

May 20, 2009
    Springfield, Oregon
    looks like the one of a corgi is the closest to what you want. I can copy it and mail it to you if you want.
    [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by