Quitter day 17?

Snowchicken56

In the Brooder
Feb 22, 2015
Maine
How can you tell if you have a quitter at day 17? Tomorrow is lockdown, and one of my green eggs doesn't look promising. The veins look a bit lighter, but I can still see them, but I don't see any movement. When I turn the egg, it looks a little 'sloshy' in it. Should I leave it in the incubator just in case? I just don't know how to tell if it died or is just napping when I was candleing!

How can you tell if you have a quitter at day 17? Tomorrow is lockdown, and one of my green eggs doesn't look promising. The veins look a bit lighter, but I can still see them, but I don't see any movement. When I turn the egg, it looks a little 'sloshy' in it. Should I leave it in the incubator just in case? I just don't know how to tell if it died or is just napping when I was candleing!
That late in the game I leave all in unless one smells. I made the mistake once of culling one I THOUGHT was a quitter. It wasn't. I swore it wouldn't happen again, so if it doesn't smell it doesn't come out until hatch is done.

Back
Top Bottom