Quiz me on the breed and gender of your chickens (particularly younger birds)!

Oh come on LOL. I have a Dominque named Pepper. Her sister is Patty. (peppermint patty)
I mean doesn’t every chicken owner have/has had a Dominique named Pepper? I know I have:
Did you steal my chicken? Even has the vertical black stripe in the tail! Also female…?

I swear you came and stole my Salt and changed her name to the name of her dead twin! Brutal!🤣🤣 She’s pretty! I have a real soft spot for Dominiques!
Salt:View attachment 2855319
Both twins are in my profile pic

I mean doesn’t every chicken owner have/has had a Dominique named Pepper? I know I have:

Both twins are in my profile pic

I guess so!! Mine got her name not because of the obvious salt/pepper black/white coloration, but because I caught the one Dominque eating eggs, who then proceeded to act like she was being murdered when she got picked up - at the same time selling a house and in a stressful transaction with a "Patty" - so Peppermint didn't get her name until I decided to name the egg eater after Patty. And I'm too lazy to say "Peppermint". =) Whenever I get 2 of a kind of any breed their names are related and or they rhyme- and they don't get named until I can tell them apart from each other!

I guess so!! Mine got her name not because of the obvious salt/pepper black/white coloration, but because I caught the one Dominque eating eggs, who then proceeded to act like she was being murdered when she got picked up - at the same time selling a house and in a stressful transaction with a "Patty" - so Peppermint didn't get her name until I decided to name the egg eater after Patty. And I'm too lazy to say "Peppermint". =) Whenever I get 2 of a kind of any breed their names are related and or they rhyme- and they don't get named until I can tell them apart from each other!
Same for me with the “twin” thing! I have Salt and Pepper, Sugar and Spice, in the past I’ve had Millie and Tillie, Speck and Spot, Pumpkin and Poppy, Rosie and Red, Fuzzy and Buzzy, and Copper and Hopper.

Sorry, don’t mean to be picky when you’re helping me but it says 10 weeks through maturity on the first post and I’m absolutely clueless at this young. Thanks anyways!

I am trying to get better at figuring out the gender of chickens, particularly younger birds (10 weeks through maturity) that are more unclear as to the gender. I’ve seen some of these threads where people will look at the most blurry/unclear photos and just figure the gender out easy! I don’t understand how! I know I will get better with practice, so: quiz me!

Make sure your pics are clear enough to see individual hackle/saddle feathers or else I’ll be absolutely clueless lol. Also no silkies please, I’d be doing eany-meany-miny-mo to guess 🤣 Thanks in advance!
Would you mind if I made one of these threads? I personally don't think that I am too bad at sexing chickens or even sometimes finding out breeds. But just for fun and knowledge.;)

Back
Top Bottom