Qustion about incubators

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Martinboyds, Oct 19, 2008.

1. Martinboyds

Martinboyds Out Of The Brooder

Mar 23, 2008
    Hi Does anybody know of a good, reliable, built to last incubator that would hatch roughly 50 chicken eggs. I am looking to purchase one but am not sure which is the best "bang for my buck". Any and all information about this would be greatly appreciated. Thanks Dave from MD.

2. jimnjay

jimnjay Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 11, 2007
    Bryant Alabama
    For that number of eggs you would be best investing in a Sportsman or Dickey cabinet incubator. The styrofoam units will hatch around 40 eggs but are not durable in my opinion. You can buy a Sportsman for just a bit more than an R-Com that hatched around 18 eggs, or a Brinsea 40 and the RollX which hatches around 40 as well. All of the units I just mentioned are great incubators that will do a fantastic job and last for years but the numbers are not as good as the Sportsman that will hatch large numbers and staggered hatches are not a problem with them.

3. Martinboyds

Mar 23, 2008
    thanks would I find that under sportsman.com or would you know? Much appreciated. Dave

4. Just-Like-Hatching

Just-Like-Hatching Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 23, 2008
    Dothan, AL
  5. Martinboyds

Mar 23, 2008
    thank you all very much I love this website:D

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by