R all Mille Fleur D'uccle Bantys?

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by erijn5, Nov 17, 2009.

1. erijn5

erijn5 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 8, 2008
    South Central IL
    I really love these birds the coloring is so pretty! Are they all banties or do they come in standard also? [​IMG]

2. becky3086

becky3086 Crested Crazy

Oct 14, 2008
    Thomson, GA
    From feathersite

One of the Belgian true bantams (meaning there is no standard-sized form),

3. erijn5

May 8, 2008
    South Central IL
    Quote:Oh man [​IMG] Well maybe an impulse buy next yr. anyway!!! [​IMG]

Thanks

4. rodriguezpoultry

rodriguezpoultry Langshan Lover

Jan 4, 2009
    Claremore, OK
    You say you like the coloring...why not purchase some largefowl Cochin Mille Fleur project birds?

5. Chris09

Chris09 Circle (M) Ranch

Jun 1, 2009
    Ohio
    erijn5:
    Mille Fleur ---- Is the Variety ( color )
    D'uccle -------- Is the Breed

You can get the Mille Fleur pattern on a number of breeds just like the D'uccle comes in a number of varieties

Chris

6. CTChick

CTChick Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 5, 2009
    Shelton
    Get a D'uccle (or several)!!! I have one rooster and will be looking for hens in the spring. These are sweet, gentle birds that love being held and have great personalities. I have a color called "porcelain" but there are others. Check BYC eggss for sale, someone there lists eggs regularly.

Laura

7. erijn5

May 8, 2008
    South Central IL
    Quote:The one in the pic of the week, just sent me off the deep end.....I think they may be an impulse buy!! [​IMG]

8. erijn5

May 8, 2008
    South Central IL
    Quote:I got speckeled Sussex off of bargain...they hatched great...I love the patterens....Do you know anyone who has the Mille Fleur in different breeds? Thanks [​IMG]

9. amazondoc

amazondoc Cracked Egghead

Mar 31, 2008
    Lebanon, TN
    Quote:I have mille fleur in d'Uccles, cochins (project birds), Sussex (spangled), and leghorns. I'm only breeding the cochins, though!

10. evonne

evonne Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 5, 2009
    Las Vegas
    if you have eggs to trade, watch the egg trains or participate in the monthly swap.. i see the MFD'uccle come up quite a bit.. i have a pair that are pet quality, and once they start laying i'll have them for trade....

they are pretty little birds.. i'm waiting to get some of the MFCochin in february... same coloring but fluffier... ssooo cute...

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by