R-Com 20 incubator

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by jrhbull, Feb 2, 2009.

1. jrhbull

jrhbull Out Of The Brooder

Jan 23, 2009
    Does anyone use this model?? and if so are you happy with it or have any dislikes?? Thanks

2. mudderhen

mudderhen Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 27, 2008
    Clarkesville, GA
    I don't have one, and had never heard of one until Badhbh said she was getting one. I have been sending her serama eggs and I am waiting to see how it does before I sink that kind of money into one. She hasn't had any success from my eggs yet, but I don't think it is the incubator. I think I have too many hens and only one roo. Plus when you add the shipping factor, I think it has more to do with the eggs. But I think she has only had it for about a week or so.
    She is the only one I know that has one, but she can tell you more about it than I can.

3. jrhbull

Jan 23, 2009
    Thanks for the reply!! i like your Turken i have some also

4. LocoPollo

LocoPollo Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 13, 2008
    Ellijay, GA
    i have one and like it very much, but have to say if i had to do it over again, I would buy a dickey or sportsman. Same money and lots more capacity.

5. jrhbull

Jan 23, 2009
    yeah ive never used a bator as large as a sportsman i have enough issues with my hovabator LOL have you used a sportsman

6. HappyHatch'en

HappyHatch'en Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 31, 2009
    GEORGIA
    For the money and worry free hatching....BUY A DICKEY....money well spent, less hassle. The Incubator is manufactured the old fashion way....by hand, the guy has made these for 40 yrs. using real wood, not particle board like the competition. The automatic mechanism in his is the same or BETTER than the competitions as well.,,,plus a better VALUE with QUALITY.....Good Luck in your decision...
    www.dickeyincubators.com in Georgia

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by