R-Com 50 not heating- Burned circuit board.

angelobutter

Songster
9 Years
Jul 27, 2010
Cornish NH
Hello, Last year my R-com 50 stopped heating, (digital display, fans, humidity all still work fine) but it was towards the end of the season so I just stopped using it. Anyways just brought it in and examined it and it looks like part of the circuit board literally burned out. Any Idea if this is fixable? if not can I buy a whole new circuit board? Who would I contact to buy one. I emailed the place that I bought it from with no response last year, so I doubt they will get back to me now that it has been so long.

Can you read any part numbers? The R4 resistor is easy to fix. I can't read the resistor color code, so if you can make out the colors of the bands you can translate that into a value.

Maybe someone with the same model can read the part number?

IF they can AND assuming no other parts were damaged (only those two) it should be easy to fix.

I had an electrician friend look at it and he says that although just replacing the burned out piece could work, it might have other damage that I am not seeing that caused the piece to burn out. He wrote up a very official sounding email and I sent it out to the place that I bought it from and I had them contact me within hours (much better than my last attempt which was never heard back haha) anyways they asked for my shipping address so I am crossing my fingers that they are sending me a replacement piece. I will update with the end result.

Back
Top Bottom