R.I.P. Bunny

Discussion in 'Quail' started by Mrs. Fluffy Puffy, Nov 7, 2010.

1. Mrs. Fluffy Puffy

Mrs. Fluffy Puffy Fluffy Feather Farm

Jan 26, 2010
    Texas, Panhandle
    I got my first pair of Buttons back in July this year, I named them Buttons ( Male ) & Bunny ( Female ).
    I hatched out over 8 "Bumble Bees" from Bunny, she was never friendly but an awesome layer and layed to her dying day.
    This morning I went to check on the quail and in the "Parent" pen I only saw Buttons, I thought "Oh, No! I Bet Bunny got out!" I look closer inside the cage and I see Bunny behind her nesting box all fluffed out and stiff. I quickly get her out and rush her into the house and get her warm, she was very cold and stiff when I got her out, I thought for sure she was already dead, but I felt her breathing slightly and she even opened her eyes for a moment or two. But she quickly passed on. Me and my Sister buried her in a Tea Box behind the swing set where the quail building used to be. R.I.P. Bunny - Best Lil' Button there was. [​IMG]

2. Rozzie

Rozzie Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 14, 2010
    I'm sorry! It's hard to lose a pet. When you lose your "first" of an animal (Rabbit, chicken, dog, cat, etc.) I think it's even harder.

3. chickhopeful12

chickhopeful12 Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 8, 2008
    CT
    [​IMG] so sorry

4. BobwhiteQuailLover

BobwhiteQuailLover Country Girl[IMG]emojione/assets/png/2665.png?v=2.

Sep 25, 2010
    Wisconsin
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

5. Stellar

Stellar The Quail Lady

Feb 6, 2010
    Tampa Bay
    I am sooooo sorry! [​IMG] [​IMG]

6. mhwc56

mhwc56 Chillin' With My Peeps

so sorry to hear of your loss..how's Buttons holding up without her?

7. Mrs. Fluffy Puffy

Jan 26, 2010
    Texas, Panhandle
    Quote:Buttons is still not over his gal' dying - [​IMG]
    He would wonder his cage calling for her! [​IMG]
    I put him with some other buttons, he seems alot happier with some company. But he still misses her [​IMG]

8. Buttercup Chillin

Buttercup Chillin Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 27, 2008
    SouthEast TX
    Sorry to read that your Bunny passed.

Is Buttons with some young ones that he can pick a new mate from when he is ready?

9. Mrs. Fluffy Puffy

Jan 26, 2010
    Texas, Panhandle
    Quote:Yes - Kinda. I am using every cage pretty much that I own for my buttons! I'm trying my hardest to pair them up, but I still don't have enough room so I just had to put 8 buttons in a pen together for a week or so. Hopefully this weekend we can finish the breeding cages.

10. Buttercup Chillin

Buttercup Chillin Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 27, 2008
    SouthEast TX
    Well, it gives you a chance to see who is wanting to be with who. Lets them pair off on their own, which is probably best for happy little buttons anyway. Maybe not your color choices though.

I know all about waiting for cages to get finished. For various reasons, too. Good luck.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by