R.I.P Letter to my dearest friend, best friend, and former chicken.

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by SilkieChickenLover336, Sep 20, 2011.

1. SilkieChickenLover336

SilkieChickenLover336 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 16, 2011
    New Jersey
    Dear baby,

Remember when you were just being hatched? I remember this so vividly. You weren't suppose to hatch. All the other chicks pecked at your egg because they could hear you struggling to get out. Remember when you were going to bleed to death and i saved you? Yea, i remember that too. Since all the other chicks were pecking on your egg i guess one hit a vein and u just kept bleeding. My daddy told me to leave you alone. i didn't listen. He told me i was going to kill you. i still didn't listen. i wanted to take that chance. I stopped your bleeding. i gave you 5 hours to try to get out of the egg before i would assist you. Remember when i helped you out of the egg? I remember that. You didn't get out within 6 hours so i broke the egg for you and you popped out right in my hand. i held you for at least 2 mins before i put you back the incubator so you could become fluffy. Remember when i tried to get rid of your spayed leg? I remember that. You didn't just have one spayed leg but you had 2. I tried everything but you just struggled. I took everything off. i decided to clear that whole week so i could preform physical therapy on you every hour on the hour. i got up every hour during the night to help you. finally after 2 weeks you were almost normal. Remember when i went on a bike ride with you? Yea, i remember that very well. you sat on the handle bars as i rode very carefully. you never jumped off. Nor did you ever wanna get off. You were my little biker chicken. That's when i decided to name you baby. You were my little baby. Remember when i use to cradle you on your back? i remember. I always do that to your sisters now. You use to love that! I couldn't hold you unless you were on your back because u just fiddled around. That's another reason why you got the name baby. Remember before i left for Florida i gave you a million hugs and kisses before i left? I remember that. I still feel the last kiss i gave you. The last hug i gave you. That was also the last good bye i gave you. Remember while i was in Florida you got very ill? I wish i didn't remember that. I wasn't home. My other took care of you. i told her to give you a kiss every night before she went to bed for me. She made you eggs every morning lunch and dinner. Remember when i got to talk to you on the phone before your last finale minutes? yea i remember that. Before i left you still sounded like a little chick. When i talked to you on the phone you sounded like a hen. I talked to you because it was your 4 mo birthday. Remember 5 minutes later you passed away? I dont remember that because i wasn't there. i wasn't there to cuddle with you. i wasn't there to fix you. If i was there i probably could have saved you. I remember when my mother called me to inform me that u had passed. i broke down. i died a little inside. you were my favorite. Shh don't tell the others.
    I miss you baby. R.I.P. i will love you forever. You will always be my favorite. [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Love,
    Kadie your mother hen.

2. loanwizard

loanwizard Chillin' With My Peeps

That was a sweet eulogy for a chicken.... no... a member of your family.

3. SilkieChickenLover336

Feb 16, 2011
    New Jersey
    Quote:she actually died august 11th but i didn't have a computer to type this so i do now so yea

thank you BTW

4. SilkieChickenLover336

Feb 16, 2011
    New Jersey
    this is what she looked like

[​IMG]

5. ShelterGirl

ShelterGirl Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 3, 2011
    Now that was a very pretty little girl. And such a tender letter to her indeed. As they say, which I find to be true, there are two things to remember:

1.) She is not gone, for she is in your heart and memory. She had a big impact on your life and due to that, she will always hold a special place.

2.) While it is good for us to mourn, time will pass and we will carry on. But a good cry every once in awhile is perfectly fine. When we love someone, or something, and we lose it....it's going to hurt. We can't just hide it.

You sound like a great chicken "parent" and it sounds like you took amazing care of your Baby. I thank you for being the type of person to not give up on them just because something is wrong- you are...a chicken WARRIOR. [​IMG]

Cherish her siblings, and tell them every day how grateful you aare for their health and life. Tell them that their sister has passed, and will feel better now. But also tell them that you miss her.

Again, thank you for being such a dedicated chicken lover. My sympathies- I understand your loss and have had many sweet babies lost.

From the feathered family of Sugar-Ridge farm and our chickens:
    Pickles, Pretty Girl, Henny Penny, Squirt, Cracker Jr., Red, Ginger, Pepper, The Four Ladies, Gloria, and Biscuit.

Best Wishes. <3

6. SilkieChickenLover336

Feb 16, 2011
    New Jersey
    Quote:As i started to read this i thought it was just going to be one of those post where it said aww sorry for your loss. No this wasnt. As i got more into it it made me smile more and more. as i finally reached the end i started to laugh because you triggered a really funny memory of her! thank you

7. Magic Birdie

Magic Birdie Overrun With Chickens

May 3, 2011
    Magic Birdie land
    [​IMG] She was such a pretty girl!

8. SilkieChickenLover336

Feb 16, 2011
    New Jersey
    Quote:thnk you

9. The Red Rooster

The Red Rooster Poultry Observer

I had one that looked like her. She also passed away.

Like ShelterGirl said you must have time to morn. Time heals all wounds. You can still remember the good times you had with Baby.

I believe you will see her again.. some day.

10. SilkieChickenLover336

Feb 16, 2011
    New Jersey
    Quote:Thank you!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by