R.I.P My Girl

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by BeauTabiano, Nov 13, 2008.

1. BeauTabiano

BeauTabiano Out Of The Brooder

Oct 28, 2008
    Prunedale, California
    my poor chicken who i love sooo much was killed this morning [​IMG]
    her name was My Girl
    she was a bantam barred cochin
    she was my first chicken , i always had her with me in the house with all her chicken diapers i made her , she loved me to hold her , and loved the guinea pigs too , saldy my black guinea pig was also killed , i also loved him allot .
    im going to miss My Girl allot , she was the reason i built a coop , just for her. i looked for the perfect hen for about 5 months then i found her and she was perfect . i doubt ill ever find another like her [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

My condolences on the loss of your beautiful girl. [​IMG]

3. Cetawin

Cetawin Chicken Beader

Mar 20, 2008
    NW Kentucky
    Oh I am so sorry...I just lost one this week also. I know how deeply it hurts.

What happened if I may ask? You said they were killed...by what? If you know.

Again I am sorry you lost her and the little GP. [​IMG]

4. Pumpkinpup

Pumpkinpup Poultry Princess

Jul 16, 2008
    North-West Georgia
    Oh my goodness, I am so very sorry [​IMG] I hate to hear of anyone loosing a dear pet. [​IMG]

5. BeauTabiano

Oct 28, 2008
    Prunedale, California
    they where killed by a dog [​IMG] he forced his way in there and got them , i found my other hen in a tree and my other guinea pig behing a pile of wood

sorry about your chicken you lost [​IMG]

6. frizzlemom

frizzlemom Out Of The Brooder

Oct 22, 2008
    Nebraska
    I'm so sorry to hear of your loss. My first beloved roo was a barred rock cochin too, his name was Rocky. He lived in the house at night and outside during the day. One night I forgot to let him in and he was gone the next day. We had a fox that got alot of our chickens, so I think thats what happened to him. I miss him alot .

Becky

7. Cetawin

Cetawin Chicken Beader

Mar 20, 2008
    NW Kentucky
    Wow sorry to hear about that dog. Reinforce the coop. You will find another hen to love just as much, they are each special in their own way.

8. Lunachick

Lunachick Chicken Slave

Mar 19, 2007
    Brick, NJ
    [​IMG] I'm sorry you lost your hen. And guinea pig. I also lost a beloved hen recently and she looked alot like yours.

9. BeauTabiano

Oct 28, 2008
    Prunedale, California
    i just finished burreing my guinnea , it was so hard . all his bones where broken , he never deserved to die like that [​IMG]

10. PassthePeace1

PassthePeace1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Quote:Oh honey I am so sorry [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by