R these pure silkies and how old LOTS OF PICS

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by lovemychicks2much, Apr 18, 2009.

1. lovemychicks2much

lovemychicks2much Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 2, 2009
    Mercer Co.
    Hey everyone i got some silkies and guineas about a month ago and I took them from really bad situation irst off the guineas was in a trap for like a racoon or cat trap maybe not really for sure it was pitaful and then i seen the silkies they was in a 3'x3'x3' pen if that is what yo can call it with about 4 other sets of chickens so a total of about 12 chickens in this pen it was awful they was the smallest and didnt look very good but i had to save them so i did now they have almost doubled in size since the month i have had them and there eathers have really begin to inprove quite abit but anyways when i got these the guy told me that all 3 of the hens 1 guinea and 2 silkie hens were laying well ever since i have got them one one silkie is laying and she just started maybe a week and hal ago or maybe 2 and i wasnt for sure which one it was because i seen white fetahers in the box so i thought it was her but then i seen the balck in the box and when she got out there was an egg so i guess it must be her now i am only getting an egg every other day so im pretty sure only one i laying and only one box is being layed in but anyways enough of that I was wondering some on you all on here would be able to tell me about how old they are and if they are pure or not

Black ROO

[​IMG]

White Hen

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Black Hen

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

White ROO

[​IMG]

Guinea ROO

[​IMG]

Guinea HEN

[​IMG]

I was told the Guinea hen was a lavender and the Roo was purple

thanks for everyones help:ya [​IMG]:thumbsup

Last edited: Apr 18, 2009
  2. lovemychicks2much

Apr 2, 2009
    Mercer Co.
    Anyone please

3. Teresaann24

Teresaann24 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 29, 2008
    Eastern, Kentucky
    The silkies look pure just not the best of quality but very nice pet quality silkies! Pretty birds!

4. shay20

shay20 Shay's Flock of Fun

Jul 31, 2008
    in the wild, Mass
    does the first silkie have yellow feet or black? all the others look pure silkies, is the first has black feet then its a pure.

The guinne well, is the darker one smaller than the lighter one?

5. lovemychicks2much

Apr 2, 2009
    Mercer Co.
    Quote:I don't matter to me about the quality they are my babies lol i was just wondering and would you happen to have any idea how old they are i know the white roo is alot bigger then the black one but the black one rules the roost an im afraid what i might end up with lol i caught the black roo breeding the white hen this afternoon while I was taking these pics

thanks so much

6. Hangin Wit My Peeps

Hangin Wit My Peeps AutumnBreezeChickens.com

Apr 20, 2008
    Birnamwood, Wisconsin
    Good for you for saving these babies! What a terrible life they would have had without you. They all are very cute [​IMG]

7. lovemychicks2much

Apr 2, 2009
    Mercer Co.
    Quote:The white roo does have black or drk feet what ever you want to call it lol now abou the guineas the dark one when i got them they was the same saize and now they are pretty close it just looks like the lighter one is fatter but as far as in height and stuff they are the same

8. lovemychicks2much

Apr 2, 2009
    Mercer Co.
    Quote:Thank you they are my brats my black roo is so comortable around me he decided to breed with little miss whitey whilei was taking pics this evening lol so its hard to tell what ill end up with now lol

9. Teresaann24

Teresaann24 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 29, 2008
    Eastern, Kentucky
    Quote:I don't matter to me about the quality they are my babies lol i was just wondering and would you happen to have any idea how old they are i know the white roo is alot bigger then the black one but the black one rules the roost an im afraid what i might end up with lol i caught the black roo breeding the white hen this afternoon while I was taking these pics

thanks so much

I'm so sorry hun I am rushing through trying to help you with 2 screaming kids so I didnt read your whole 1st post. I see now you saved these babies and was not asking for quality. I am so sorry! They are beautiful and the black roo looks anywhere from about 1 year on the white hen looks young maybe 10 months or younger. The white roo also looks around 1 year and the black hen looks about 10 months also.

10. LilPeeps

LilPeeps Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 13, 2007
    SE Mass
    They are pure, just PQ.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by