R U Indiana people ok?

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Missouri chick, Jun 8, 2008.

1. Missouri chick

Missouri chick Chillin' With My Peeps

May 15, 2008
    Homer, GA
    Dh family lives south of Indianapolis. Severe flooding in some areas. Uncle works in Tera Haut--sp? hospital, has to get in by boat.

2. FrontPorchIndiana

FrontPorchIndiana Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 8, 2008
    Indiana
    We're soggy but here. Hope some of the others south of here will check in.

3. Missouri chick

Missouri chick Chillin' With My Peeps

May 15, 2008
    Homer, GA
    Quote:We are so hot and dry here. Noticed some fields turning brown. I wish we could move some of your rain this way.

4. Betsy

Betsy Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 24, 2007
    Northeast Indiana
    We're comfortably moist here. We did get some tree limbs down, a piece of fascia blown off the garage, and almost lost the truck bed liner on Dad's truck in the storm we had Friday night. There were alot of trees down to the south of us.

5. RooManRed

RooManRed Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 7, 2008
    Albany Ga.
    DW is from Indy and all her family is ok , water is close to them but no one is flooded out.

6. joebryant

joebryant Overrun With Chickens

I live in Johnson County, the hardest hit. I'm thirteen miles south of Indianapolis. Let me tell you, folks, Chicken Little was right. We got ten inches in four hours.
    I live on high ground so it was no problem; wish I could say the same for so many of my neighbors.
    My pond on lower ground over flowed for the first time ever. The creek that divides my acreage came into and flooded my east field for the first time ever; always before it flooded into the west field.
    Uh, I wouldn't buy a used car from Indiana for several years. I saw the tops of hundreds sticking out of the water.

7. justusnak

justusnak Flock Mistress

We are ok here in Jennings County. For now! LOL
    They said we are to get MORE RAIN!! UGH!! WHEN will it stop!??????? Sooo much rain, water everywhere, and the skeeters!!! WOW!

8. hoosier

hoosier Chillin' With My Peeps

Seymour is experiencing the hundred year flood. It hasn't been like this since 1913. Many areas have been evacuated. Water is right up to the edge of US 50 in some areas.
    I am so thankful that we are ok.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by