Rabbit breeders, help identifing blue eyed rabbit

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by Frogtown, Dec 17, 2009.

1. Frogtown

Frogtown Back 40 Farm

Aug 16, 2007
    South Carolina
    This rabbit was a gift from a co-worker. He told me that it is pure bred, had paper(when he finds them he will give them to me),and was taken to shows. I have
    tried looking up rabbit breeds on the internet, and have not been able to pinpoint which breed it is. It is a dwarf, with a mane around its neck, and has blue eyes.
    Any help would be appricated.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. SarahBeth9394

SarahBeth9394 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 23, 2008
    That would be the Pretty Fluffy Bunny breed.

3. Chickerdoodle13

Chickerdoodle13 The truth is out there...

Mar 5, 2007
    Phoenix, AZ
    Looks like a lion head to me. I'm not sure about the specific color, other than it looks to be some sort of himalayan variant. Gorgeous rabbit though!

4. mamato3

mamato3 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 4, 2008
    SWMissouri
    blue eyed lionhead color maybe a Siamese very pretty

5. chinbunny

chinbunny In a hutch

Aug 24, 2009
    And also not a showable breed, unless the show allows lion heads. I also believe that white spots on the rabbit is also a DQ.

6. bonnylass79

bonnylass79 Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 5, 2009
    Central Florida
    It is a Lionhead. The color is considered a tan pattern. Can't say I've ever seen a tan with blue eyes. Lionheads are not a recognized ARBA breed. He may have a pedigree, but he is not registered. Nice rabbits though. Even temperment and mature to around 3 lbs.

7. EweSheep

EweSheep Flock Mistress

Jan 12, 2007
    Land of Lincoln
    Cute and I love any Siamese markings on pets!

They can be shown but for 4H and so forth.

8. chinbunny

chinbunny In a hutch

Aug 24, 2009
    Quote:No rabbit with a dq should be shown as a 4h project. Nor even given to a 4her like that. Not only is it disapionting for the kid when their animal is disqualified form the show, its also considered an unethical practice. So no, this bunny(nor the breed) would not make a good 4h project unless the fair makes exceptions. Most 4h shows also use the ARBA show rules. Which means the animal would be disqualified for having white on a solid colored body, and would not be able to compete for best in show.

9. taraann81

taraann81 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 9, 2009
    Ontario
    Yup I agree thats a single maned lionhead. Cute.

10. EweSheep

EweSheep Flock Mistress

Jan 12, 2007
    Land of Lincoln
    Quote:No rabbit with a dq should be shown as a 4h project. Nor even given to a 4her like that. Not only is it disapionting for the kid when their animal is disqualified form the show, its also considered an unethical practice. So no, this bunny(nor the breed) would not make a good 4h project unless the fair makes exceptions. Most 4h shows also use the ARBA show rules. Which means the animal would be disqualified for having white on a solid colored body, and would not be able to compete for best in show.

Oh I thought it mainly for showmanship classes. I thought alot of our bunnies in the fair looks like mutt bunnies or some kind of hybrids.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by