rabbit died today ):

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by oliviad51, Aug 21, 2010.

1. oliviad51

oliviad51 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 23, 2009
    North Carolina
    Bugs, my rabbit was the softest, cutest and sweetest rabbit. I have had him for about 4 or 5 years. Today as I went to get eggs, I fould him dead laying under some shade. I cried and cried. Usually I wouldn't feel this way about a rabbit, but he was special to me and my family. RIP Bugs, you will never be forgotten [​IMG]

2. peeps7

peeps7 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 26, 2007
    North Carolina
    I'm so sorry [​IMG] I have a bunny that i absolutly adore, I will cry when she passes on too [​IMG] I know words of comfort don't make you feel much better, but you have support [​IMG]

3. Stranazingarella

Stranazingarella Out Of The Brooder

Aug 15, 2010
    I'm so sorry for your loss. I have several good memories of certain bunnies I warmed to over the years. At least the bunny had a good life with you.

4. gritsar

gritsar Cows, Chooks & Impys - OH MY!

Nov 9, 2007
    SW Arkansas
    I'm so sorry on the loss of your little friend. [​IMG]

5. MysticScorpio82

MysticScorpio82 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 2, 2009
    Maine, USA
    [​IMG] I am so sorry. It is always hard to lose a pet [​IMG]

6. 3chimama

3chimama Chillin' With My Peeps

May 8, 2010
    Pacific Northwest
    I am so sorry for the loss of your beloved bunny. I love my bunny Jasper and will be sad when he passes one day....hugs...

7. weimarmama

weimarmama Overrun With Chickens

Jun 4, 2010
    Alabama
    My Coop
    I'm so sorry for your loss. I don't have any rabbits now, but I did growing up & I remember how attached I was to them. The most important is that you were good to him while he was here [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

8. oliviad51

oliviad51 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 23, 2009
    North Carolina
    The first few years I had him I kept him in a little rabbit hutch. I felt terrible so I let him free in the fence where the goats were kept and where the chicken coops were. He dug holes, found food and had a great time most of his life. He got to be like a wild rabbit but got cared for at the same time. Im very sad he passed away, but I am glad he died happily. Even the goats miss him. When I go outside and almost fall over huge holes he has dug, it makes me tear up in a sad and happy way. Im still wondering how he died. Like I said before, I have had him for 4 or 5 years so could it have been old age? It doesn't seem very long but Im not sure what the usual life span for rabbits is. Thanks all for the kind words. It makes me feel good to know I am surrounded by such comforting people here on BYC :)

9. hchorselover

hchorselover Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 29, 2010
    I'm o orry to hear about your rabbit [​IMG]

10. peeps7

peeps7 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 26, 2007
    North Carolina
    I think the age limit on bunnies is about 7-10 years, at least thats what I've been reading when I research them. However, did you get him as an adult or baby? No matter what kind of pet you lose, its always hard but you always have your loving byc people [​IMG] [​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 21, 2010

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by