1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Rabbit due the 1 of nov

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by bryan8, Oct 27, 2009.

1. bryan8

bryan8 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 21, 2009
    New york
    Well on sept 29- 30 my doe got mounted by my buck 6 or 7 times, and a few more by older buck just to be sure beacuse last time she ended up not being preg.

Anyways I put a nest box in her cage

I picked her up and her belly looked like bloated, and it was a little squishy but overall fiirm in most spots.

Do you think she is preg and can i tell at this point?

Thanks

~Bryan

Last edited: Oct 27, 2009
  2. Hoosiermomma

Hoosiermomma Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 6, 2009
    S.E Ind
    Do you mean she was mounted on the 29th of Sept? If so she should be pulling fur by now and upon feeling her belly you should be able to feel some babies moving although with my ND's I couldn't feel anything moving right up until the day my doe birthed. Did she make her nest yet? They usually do that b/n days 28-31.

3. rodriguezpoultry

rodriguezpoultry Langshan Lover

Jan 4, 2009
    Claremore, OK
    I think your doe is WAY overdue!

Oct. 29 of last year?????

4. bryan8

May 21, 2009
    New york
    opps [​IMG]

yes i ment sept 29-30

5. Hoosiermomma

Hoosiermomma Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 6, 2009
    S.E Ind
    Well has she started making a nest yet? What type of bedding do you have in the box? At this point you really shouldn't palpitate her abdomen especially if you haven't done it before and know what you're feeling for.

6. The Rooster

The Rooster Out Of The Brooder

May 11, 2009
    S.W. MO
    Try putting some bedding material in the nest box. If the doe is younger, she may not know that she needs to have a nest made before she's ready to give birth. But, with the description that you gave, the doe appears to be bred.

Last edited: Oct 28, 2009
  7. bryan8

May 21, 2009
    New york
    There's hay in there now. I have a old blanket I could shred up also.

8. chinbunny

chinbunny In a hutch

Aug 24, 2009
    Don't giv eher the blanket. She could eat it. It can block her intestinesup and kill her. Just make sure she has a box, and bedding. Most rabbits give birth at 32 days. So you have a few days left to go. Most times they will not pull their fur until they are ready to give birth. I hope you don't mean that you bred her to two different bucks? Thats hard to keep records on who the sire is, if you did. Its best to breed with buck at a time. Not lecturing, but it is considered an unethical practice to do that. I guess it would be OK if they were to be used as meat rabbits.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by