rabbit feeders.....

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by Country Living Farm, Jan 22, 2010.

1. Country Living Farm

Country Living Farm Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 18, 2009
    Florida
    anyone have a picture for a hommade rabbit feeder?

2. Blue Capuchine

Blue Capuchine Out Of The Brooder

Mar 23, 2008
    utah
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    These feeders are easy to make out of gallon cans. Cut down about 2/3rds of the side of the can. Then cut around the can 2/3rds of the way. Bend this flap around the front and to the back.

3. dbunni

dbunni Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 15, 2009
    Ohio
    What breed of rabbit is it for?

4. Blue Capuchine

Blue Capuchine Out Of The Brooder

Mar 23, 2008
    utah
    I use them for Holland lops. But they will work for any breed. I all so use the on my mating pens for my pigeons.

5. dbunni

dbunni Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 15, 2009
    Ohio
    My question was for the originator of this thread as to what breed they need the feeders for.

As for using your feeders on any breed. No they are not usable for any breed. We raise Angoras ... metal would destroy the coat, catch the hair and pull it out of the rabbit. Also runs the possibility of injuring the animal in the process. They can get coat caught on anything that enters the cage. I have taken in resuces that were litterally stuck to something in the cage by a cord of wool... they had literally spun themselves to the item. Angora wool is very, very strong at this point. Any "wooled" breed (Angoras, Fuzzy lops, Jerseys, etc) should not use the feeder exhibited.

So, for the originator of the thread ... what breed of rabbit do you have?

Last edited: Jan 24, 2010

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by