My $10 Dutch hurt his leg today. Possible sprain and/or mild dislocation at the ankle, no signs of pain or discomfort and he's putting some weight on it, not a lot, but a little in between. I asked for opinions as to if I should splint it or not on the rabbit forum when I at first thought it was dislocated or broken. Answer? 'Take him to a vet' I am NOT taking a a $10 rabbit to the vet! The visit alone would run me $150-$250 not to mention the amount of gas it would take to drive to a different town to find a good small animal veterinarian, wait time, then x-rays. Thats just obscene! My 'most expensive rabbit I've ever bought' would REALLY be the most expensive rabbit I've ever bought! It's like saying "Oh, you need your oil changed on your car do you? Well, either you can spend $1.50 and do it yourself, or you can take it to a mechanic and spend $150 and have them do it. It's a five minuet job and it'll be just as good afterwards." I mean really now. If my dogs or my horses need to go to the vet, completely different story. Those are large, expensive, animals. This is a rabbit I don't really like all that much. I could put the rabbit down, taxidermy it, sell it, then buy an identical rabbit and all I'd need is a new set of X-Acto blades since I have everything else. OR. I could spend a $1.50, buy a brand new roll of vet-wrap, and watch him for a week or two. Or even better yet I could just use the brand-new roll of vet wrap sitting right next to me, un-do the temporary wrap, re-wrap it, and watch him for a week or two. I'd be out 5, maybe 10 minuets and the rabbit will be more comfortable and stress-free than if I where to drag it to some hour-away vet in a pet carrier. Take him to the vet....sure I will...if you pay for it!