Rabbit frustration

Chic Rustler

Songster
5 Years
Feb 11, 2017
Texas
I have a small herd of 3 does and 1 buck. After a couple months of not being able to get them to seal the deal i replaced the old buck and one doe. The old ones went to freezer camp.

When i got the new buck and doe they bred several times in the shared cage on the way home. I bred them again after a few hours and over the next 3 days bred the other does to the new buck. Now its day 31 since the first one was bred and no kits. They all have nest boxes and none are making nests. All are breeding age and one doe is proven, but im just having rotten luck, i guess.

I have been trying to get kits since thanksgiving without any luck. I just keep feeding these guys for no return. Im tempted to put all four of them in the freezer and start over. Any tips?

I have a small herd of 3 does and 1 buck. After a couple months of not being able to get them to seal the deal i replaced the old buck and one doe. The old ones went to freezer camp.

When i got the new buck and doe they bred several times in the shared cage on the way home. I bred them again after a few hours and over the next 3 days bred the other does to the new buck. Now its day 31 since the first one was bred and no kits. They all have nest boxes and none are making nests. All are breeding age and one doe is proven, but im just having rotten luck, i guess.

I have been trying to get kits since thanksgiving without any luck. I just keep feeding these guys for no return. Im tempted to put all four of them in the freezer and start over. Any tips?

OK, Just for info---I been raising meat rabbits for years-----did you see them seal the deal or him just humping? To seal the deal he usually kinda slams in, grunts and falls over on his side(most of the time).

Now I have had does to go to day 36 before having them. This one doe always had them on day 36---I started waiting to day 34 to put her nesting box in. She would never make a bed until day 36 then she would pull fur like she was on fire----and make a bed, jump in and have the babies in a little while. She was a good doe/mother. If its day 31 today---you might have a bed full in the morning---that's the way most of mine worked. I would breed 4 or 5 on the same day---come in on the morning of day 32 and have 4 or 5 beds of babies.

Oh, then i guess its day 30, 29, and 28 then. Any day now...

And my eggs in the incubator are a day less than i thought as well. Lol

Ty

Well just after dark today i seen another doe with just one loan kit in the box. She didnt have any before dark. Do they have them all at once or is she likely to have a couple more throughout the night?

Well just after dark today i seen another doe with just one loan kit in the box. She didnt have any before dark. Do they have them all at once or is she likely to have a couple more throughout the night?

They usually have then every few minutes, But I have had does to only have 2 or 3---don't remember just one. One might have a hard time staying warm without a snuggle buddy. If she only has one ""I"" would put it with the other mom if it seems to be having problems staying warm. Your new buck seems to be doing his Job! Good Luck

Back
Top Bottom