Rabbit Fur Pulling

Farmboy101

Songster
6 Years
Oct 24, 2016
Central North Carolina
Hi I bred my rabbits the beginning of december and she had her babies today the 2 of january a couple days early i looked in the nest a couple times and kept checking on them it looked to be has if there were 3-4 babies and she has a big clump of fur but how do i know if it is enough? The temperature is about 45-50 degrees fahrenheit outside where i live.

Hi I bred my rabbits the beginning of december and she had her babies today the 2 of january a couple days early i looked in the nest a couple times and kept checking on them it looked to be has if there were 3-4 babies and she has a big clump of fur but how do i know if it is enough? The temperature is about 45-50 degrees fahrenheit outside where i live.
They'll be fine. The fur just needs to be enough to cover up the babies. By one week of age, they should have enough fur grown, that they don't need to be kept completely covered.

Congratulations on the litter! As long as the babies are covered in fur and appear warm and wriggly, they should be fine.

Congrats on the healthy litter! I can not wait to breed my doe!
wee.gif

So were getting snow on Friday-Saturday and both of those nights are going to be 10-25 degrees Fahrenheit the babies are completely covered and my doe is pulling more fur each day will the babies still be fine? Could I move them inside?

Last edited:
So were getting snow on Friday-Saturday and both of those nights are going to be 10-25 degrees Fahrenheit the babies are completely covered and my doe is pulling more fur each day will the babies still be fine? Could I move them inside?
They should be fine as long as the doe's hutch/cage is out of the wind.

The hutch is under a lean-two so they will be fine from snow but since the lean-two is open and it will be kinda windy can i put a blanket over the wire part or will that stress out the doe?

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom