rabbit help

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by yoker, Oct 28, 2008.

1. yoker

yoker Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 7, 2008
    Our bunny keeps haveing big clumps of poo on her but.
    why?

Last edited: Oct 28, 2008
  2. d.k

d.k red-headed stepchild

* That's a new one on me-- and I had a lot of rabbits, unless. . . if it's cage isn't being cleaned often enough. Then, she could be backing into the mess to poo and be getting more stuck on her butt. [​IMG]

3. coffeemama

coffeemama Barista Queen

Mar 5, 2008
    Oregono
    What have you been feeding her? Have you changed her diet at all?

4. yoker

Jul 7, 2008
    It has hapened a few times.
    one time we had just put her on grass which she hadn't been on for a little while?
    and once nothing was different.
    The poo is very soft and different from her regular poo.

5. Run-A-Muck Ranch

Run-A-Muck Ranch Chillin' With My Peeps

What kind of rabbit is it??? Only asking because sometimes the long haired (angoras,lionheads, etc) can have the poo clump to the hair around the bottom. They needed to be brushed and groomed more than the shorter haired rabbits.
    If the rabbit is always on pellets for feed and you suddenly switch to grass or lots of veggies they can get the runs. You can try giving a little raw oatmeal. That might help in making the poo not so soft.

We give our rabbits a mix of pellets and an all animal mix. They also get horse feed with molasses mixed in during the winter. Daily we give ours fruits, veggies, crackers, ceral, oatmeal. They also have grass given daily (when no snow on ground). They get hay and tree branches put in there cages too. The tree branches will help with the teeth and nails.

6. yoker

Jul 7, 2008
    holland lop

7. coffeemama

coffeemama Barista Queen

Mar 5, 2008
    Oregono
    Could it be her cecotrope? Rabbits pass soft poo to re digest, but once in a while they don't actually eat it. Also, switching up her diet could be causing runny poo.

8. yoker

Jul 7, 2008
    I think it was the new food and she hasn't had it for a while so we are good now

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by