rabbit pen

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by LouLou58, Mar 21, 2013.

1. LouLou58

LouLou58 Out Of The Brooder

Mar 21, 2013
    Corry, Pennsylvania
    Could anyone tell me how many rabbits could be house together in a 4 x 6 rabbit pen?

2. jnntefend

jnntefend Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 8, 2013
    East Texas
    I would put no more than three in there, unless you can divide it up somehow. You could divide it into about a four-hole setup, comfortably, six hole if you really want to cram them in there, and don't want to breed.. And don't house males together.

3. LouLou58

Mar 21, 2013
    Corry, Pennsylvania
    well right now i have two grown males together they are getting along great but was thinking about adding another.

4. jnntefend

jnntefend Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 8, 2013
    East Texas
    Size wise, the cage you describe would fit three comfortably. I have not seen three grown males housed together, but if it works for you, I won't knock it.

5. LouLou58

Mar 21, 2013
    Corry, Pennsylvania
    Oh i dont know if i can but going to try.

6. Bunnylady

Bunnylady POOF Goes the Pooka

Nov 27, 2009
    Wilmington, NC
    I have seen the occasional situation where two intact adult males live harmoniously together, but it is unusual. 3 is really pushing it. I have seen 8-10 week old males that were too aggressive to leave together, though that is unusual, too. Knowing rabbits, I'd think you are really pushing your luck to try to get 3 adult males to live together, especially if one is unfamiliar to the other two.

7. LouLou58

Mar 21, 2013
    Corry, Pennsylvania
    well than i better leave the two together as they get along great and dont want that to change. thank you very much for your input.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by