Rabbit people, is this fair trade?

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by klf73, May 29, 2011.

1. klf73

klf73 Mad Scientist

Jun 1, 2008
    Maine
    I advertised 2 free 8wk old gamefowl on craigslist. I got a response from a man that wants them. He was going to pick up but if I deliver he will give me a choice of one of following -chocolate satin,creme d'argents,Californians, or new Zealand whites - he also has flemish(which I always wanted) but I am sure I would have to pay something for one of them, waiting to see if he has them. He is 40 mins away, if I can't get a flemish, are any of those other breeds worth driving 40 mins to get? if so it would need to be good with kids....thanks for any help

2. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

Quote:The new zealands yes. You certainly would have to pay something extra for the flemish giants. They can go for a pretty penny.

3. klf73

klf73 Mad Scientist

Jun 1, 2008
    Maine
    he actually said I could have the flemish for free [​IMG] I just have to wait as the doe is not due til next week and then I need to wait 4-5 weeks to get it...considering getting 2, still not sure

4. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

Quote:[​IMG] FREE?? WOW you are lucky!!!! [​IMG]

5. klf73

klf73 Mad Scientist

Jun 1, 2008
    Maine
    maybe it's to make up for all the stuff I give away, kharma ?
    I have to see if they are pure flemish, I know he also crosses american chinchilla with them too, read up on those suckers....says they are massive. either way I am happy, now see if I can talk dh into 2 [​IMG] he will sell me a second for $20 He is a nice guy too [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by