rabbit question

Chickenmaven

Songster
10 Years
Feb 6, 2009
Michigan
We recently got a lovely 6 mo. old mini-rex. She is adorable. Her little nails need trimming. I am a big wimp on this, after I made a dog bleed years ago. In fact, my vet cuts my dog's nails....
I refuse to pay to have this bunny groomed. Should I just use human clippers?

I use human clippers-they work just fine. Are the nails dark or light? I love white nails-I never feel like I'm going to go to far on them!

A little trick for dark nails is to have someone shine a flashlight under the nail and you'll see the vein and where to clip.
HTH...

Dog type nail clippers are best. Human clippers can cause the nail to split or splinter. I rarely need to clip my 3 bunnies nails. They have a brick in their run that they like to scratch at and this keeps there nails filed.

The brick is a great idea. I have only had to clip one rabbits nails. The others never needed it. I use the same trimmers that I use on the goats. But I would recomend the dog clippers for your bunny.

Quote:
Thanks. This is a teeny bunny. My dogs have all been 90lb. +++

Glad I could help.
frow.gif
Feel free to PM me if you have any questions at all...only too glad to make a bunny happy.

I have rescued and desexed (very important for house rabbits) many, many rabbits.

Back
Top Bottom