1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    Not a member yet? join BYC here & then introduce yourself in our community forum here.

Rabbit Recipes?

Discussion in 'Egg, Chicken, & Other Favorite Recipes' started by fangedknight, Dec 20, 2017.

1. fangedknight

fangedknight Songster

Hey guys!

Wanted to see if anyone had any good recipes for cooking rabbit. We're just getting ready to get started on our meat rabbit project and I wanted to get some ideas for what to make when the time comes.

2. Welshies

Welshies Crowing

May 8, 2016
    Alberta, Canada
    Rabbit can replace almost any meat, at least white meat. It's like dark chicken meat- very dark. It's great in stews, fried, or even roasts. Even roasting a rabbit and slicing it thinly for sandwhiches is wonderful.

itsasmallfarm likes this.
  3. itsasmallfarm

itsasmallfarm Songster

Oct 27, 2016
    canada
    my grandma always makes stew out of rabbits (well she grew up on jack rabbit) and i think rabbit stew is amazing :)

fangedknight and Ms Biddy like this.
  4. Ms Biddy

Ms Biddy One chicken short of crazy

Dec 4, 2017
    My Coop
    I like it fried like chicken, with gravy and mashed potatoes. Sorry that's not a recipe, but it does make me hungry for rabbit.

fangedknight likes this.
  5. fangedknight

fangedknight Songster

Oooo okay, stew I was definitely thinking of.

Hee hee, it's all good. I was about to say if anyone's in Pennsylvania and wants some rabbit once I get my meaties going I'd be happy to sell some to ya!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: