Rabbit Water Bottles for Coturnix Quail?

AZ Heat

Chirping
12 Years
Dec 27, 2008
Arizona
Does anyone use the Lixit Rabbit Water bottles with the ball nipple as the waterer for their Coturnix Quail? Is it a good system?

I have a bunch of them and I was hoping they worked so I didn't have to get new waterers for my breeding quail.

Thanks!

i've noticed that quails will drink out of WHATEVER you put in there, i started with the hampster water bottles with the little ball, they used that. then i went to the pop bottle waterers, they liked that too.

now i use the gQF water cups and water system. they use that too. you can pretty much use anything you can think of and they will get the hang of it within a few hours.

I use the Lixit for our rabbits. (Just got a bunch of bottles that have the flip-top for easy filling.) I didn't even think about using them for the quail.

idunno.gif

how do you guys get your quails to drink from those rabbit waterers. I bought one and have tried it several times and they don't use it. Any tips would help.
I have 6 quails ina cage. 5 girls and 1 roo. they are all about 7 weeks old.

should that be thier only source of water for that day or should the water dish be in there too?

if they arn't getting it, just grab one up and make him peck it. once one understands it they will all fall in line. they will need no other water source, also water dishes get so messy.

just sqeeze the bottle after the quail have realized there is water dripping from there and they dont have anywhere else to get it from they will drink from them no problem. and like stated already once one does it or knows how all the others will figure it out in seconds.

Back
Top Bottom