rabbits and chickens/duck pen? *added pics*

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by stumble_n_mumble, Aug 26, 2010.

1. stumble_n_mumble

stumble_n_mumble Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 23, 2008
    Long Island, NY
    hey guys my pen is about 18x10 for 4 chickens and 4 ducks. i have introduced 2 rabbits to the outdoor enclosure. the rabbits are able to run loose all day while the chickens/ducks free range... and then at night when the ducks chickens are ready to come in the rabbits get locked up and the ducks chickens then have teh whole cage to themselves. not ever are they together completely. is there any issues doing this? my rabbits are MUCH happier and friendlier being able to run about all day. any input is great. thanks [​IMG]

coop from further away

[​IMG]

coop closer. the rabbit hutch is towards the left its the redish wood. they will sleep in that at night.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 26, 2010
  2. stumble_n_mumble

Nov 23, 2008
    Long Island, NY
    what do ya'll think?? [​IMG]

3. huntercf

huntercf Chillin' With My Peeps

May 17, 2010
    That looks like a real nice setup, your animals are definitely taken care of, have fun.[​IMG]

4. stumble_n_mumble

Nov 23, 2008
    Long Island, NY
    lol.... is there any issues with what im doing??

5. sammileah

sammileah Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 1, 2009
    central ia
    as long as everyone has what they need and no one is hurting the other, if it works for you than nothing wrong with it.

6. Frugal Que

Frugal Que Out Of The Brooder

Dec 21, 2009
    I like your arrangement. I raise rabbits in a colony arrangement also and they are much happier animals. I have found that my rabbits are much more active in the evenings and early mornings. During the day, they are just lounging around. Are your rabbits like that?

Do your chickens have a coop in that enclosure? If so, maybe you can let the rabbits out when the chickens are put up. I don't know anything about ducks though so I don't know it that would work.

7. Mrs. Fluffy Puffy

Mrs. Fluffy Puffy Fluffy Feather Farm

Jan 26, 2010
    Texas, Panhandle
    Love It! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by