Rabbits at the local farm store!!

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by mahsmaj, Mar 14, 2011.

1. mahsmaj

mahsmaj Songster

Jun 25, 2008
    Hannibal, Missouri
    Warning, this is a rant:

So I went to the farm store on Thursday March 10th. I saw all the chicks, poults, and ducklings and I kept telling myself that I couldn't have them. Otherwise, I probably would have cleared the store of them all! But then I saw the rabbits. I had just had to have one! So I got one. It was the sweetest little thing until about 4 o'clock today, March 14th. Then she just acted weak and within 30 minutes she was gone...I was deeply saddened by this. I had done so much research and I thought I was doing everything right. Evidently I wasn't... but anywho, I called the store I bought her from and told them the situation. They told me that I could get a full refund if I brought the rabbit back in with my receipt. So I did. And by the way this was about a 20 mile drive just TO the store. Once in the store, while holding the box with my poor rabbit in it, I was told that I could not get a refund. So I told them that I had just called and the person on the phone said that I could get a refund. So they called their manager. The manager said no to the refund to. So I asked them if they would take the rabbit or if I Had to take it back with me. They said they would take care of it, so stupid me, I gave it to them. And I told them I was sorry about it and thanks for their help. The whole situation just erks me!! I'm sorry for ranting to you all but I had to rant... and I know it was just a rabbit but she was the nicest thing... [​IMG]

2. NewHopePoultry

NewHopePoultry Crowing

Apr 9, 2007
    Troy,Missouri
    Oh no! Im so sorry for your loss.
    To me, its never just a rabbit. I love my rabbit like no other

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 14, 2011
  3. magistradomina

magistradomina Songster

Mar 6, 2010
    Where I live.
    Sorry about that! [​IMG]

4. TriciaHowe

TriciaHowe Mother Hen

Nov 11, 2008
    Trenton, FL
    I am so sorry you lost your bunny [​IMG] Was it a baby? It might have been weaned to soon. It was wrong of the manager to not make things right with you. Can you send an email to high up? It worked with us when the tricycle we bought from Tractor Supply broke.
    What store was it?

5. mahsmaj

mahsmaj Songster

Jun 25, 2008
    Hannibal, Missouri
    It was a pretty large rabbit. Not a baby one. That would have been even harder for me... but I got her at Orschelns Farm & Home Supply. And I'm not sure if there is someone higher that I could get a hold of or not...

6. NewHopePoultry

NewHopePoultry Crowing

Apr 9, 2007
    Troy,Missouri
    Orschelns Farm & Home Supple gets their rabbits from local breeders, so theres probly no one higher to get ahold of.
    I used to sell my rabbits to the one in Troy.
    Maybe you can ask for the name of the breeder.

7. TriciaHowe

TriciaHowe Mother Hen

Nov 11, 2008
    Trenton, FL
    Very strange [​IMG] I wish you were closer I would be more than happy to give you one of mine. I know it wouldn't replace the one you lost, but I KNOW I would stand behind what leaves my place. That is just bad business on their end.
    http://www.orschelnfarmhome.com/ContactUs.html
    Here is their contact info....I would request to talk to a GM or even the owner.

8. mahsmaj

mahsmaj Songster

Jun 25, 2008
    Hannibal, Missouri
    Thank you guys so much for your condolences, help, and understanding! It means a lot!! And I think I will email them and ask about where they get their rabbits from and see if I can get them to understand...

9. NewHopePoultry

NewHopePoultry Crowing

Apr 9, 2007
    Troy,Missouri
    I know the one in Troy buys from local breeders, so I would think it would be the same there.
    Just tell them you are looking to buy a large amount of rabbits and want to talk to the breeder, otherwise they might tell you they cant give you the info.

10. RabbitMage

RabbitMage Songster

Mar 27, 2009
    If this was an adult rabbit sold through the store I doubt the breeder had anything to do with it's death/could have done anything about it.

This is why I do not sell my rabbits through stores, and I recommend people seek out a breeder instead of buying from stores.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: