Rabbits!

chickens^^

In the Brooder
12 Years
Apr 9, 2007
West Virginia
Hey everyone out there. Just chat about your rabbits and if you don't have one well just talk about 'em. Post pics if you have any! I have a lop-eared and blue angora rabbit. I do not have pictures of them yet, but I will soon.

Last edited:
Angoras are great. I have never had a full size but I used to breed jersey woolies and mini rexes. Woolies are great. Make sure you offer papaya and good hay to you rabbit so it can digest and pass those aweful hairballs. Here's a pick of Ralph, my little jersey. he died last year from natural causes, he was quite old. He lived in the house and was litter trained.

000_2349.jpg

AWWW....... he is soo cute. Sorry that he died, but I would rather an animal go the way animals are suppose to go.

Last edited:
Chickens, your angora is so cute!

I love pet rabbits. Love them as much as my cats and dogs. Husband and I currently have two English lops, a fixed buck and doe. The buck sleeps with us in bed at night. The male demands cuddling to the point where if you have been asleep too long without petting him, he will start by resting a chin on your shoulder. If that doesn't get him half awake pets, he will leap inbetween my husband and I, and start digging until one of us moves and he can stretch out between us. XD Our doe loves being slung over a shoulder and just sits there and purrs. Once on the ground though, she is a race horse. They are the most awesome pet rabbit breed I've ever owned. The breed just seems consistently chill and loving...and way too smart for a rabbit. Our biggest problem with them is that they are climbers for rabbits, and will find ways to get onto the counters to eat any goodies. Especially peaches and bananas.

And those ears....<3

WP_000337.jpg

WP_000267-1.jpg

my daughter had wanted a rabbit..i entered a florist to buy flowers...she was looking to get rid of rabbits which were squished in two cages....about 12 rabbits...so I told her I'd take one for my daughter....$5.00 was her price....then she says you can't take just one, it will be lonely....so I agreed to two as long as they were the same sex...she picked out two females for me....that was the end of June...come 10/24/11 we have three babies...NOT two females...and the day she had the babies she got pregnant again since we weren't even home when she had the surprise bunnies so the male was still in the cage with her...she had five more babies 11/24/11...thanksgiving day....we have gotten rid of all but one baby...my son insisted on keeping one of the....I blame my daughter for all of this craziness since she wanted a little cuddly rabbit....btw found out they don't really like being handled like a dog or cat...they are ground animals....but they seem to like being pet....but I also thank my daughter for this experience...I've grown to love them....was so neat to have two nests of babies and they grow so fast....

Back
Top Bottom