race for time, tylan-50 "in the mail"

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by plantguy90, Aug 23, 2010.

1. plantguy90

plantguy90 Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 4, 2009
    Moorpark, CA
    well, the folks on this forum seem to think that Tylan50 would help my latest outbreak of something, I guess some respiratory thing that also shows up with huge swelling of the eye. I ordered the Tylan on Sunday, guess it wont get here earliest on at Friday... My BSL is quarantined and is still doing pretty well relatively speaking, the swelling is bad and constant but she is still eating and running around. the tetracyclene doesnt seem to do anything at all for whatever she has. She has been sick for almost a whole week so it will be two good weeks till the Tylan shows up. I hope she is that tough to be well enough to respond to the meds when they arrive... its a nail biter....

2. Lurken Turken

Lurken Turken Out Of The Brooder

Jul 29, 2010
    Acampo
    I feel your pain. I went through the samething that you are going through. Nothing seemed to kick it until I got the Tylan in them and then within 4 days all was well.

I did clean the eyes with a q-tip and some vertricyn so they could see.

We have had kind of a different summer in Ca. this year. Warm days and chilly nights make it easy for the respitory infections.

Good luck to you and your chickens!

Tracy

3. plantguy90

plantguy90 Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 4, 2009
    Moorpark, CA
    what gets me is that none of the local feed/livestock stores carry it.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by