Racoon got to my Turkey last night=WARNING= ( PIC's )

Discussion in 'Predators and Pests' started by al6517, Oct 17, 2008.

1. al6517

al6517 Real Men can Cook

May 13, 2008
    I have never had a problem before but I guess I let my guard down, The darn coon got just the neck skin and a little nibble of the breast, but it was enough to send Mr T to Turkey heaven. I did process him but i don't think I will partake of his bounty, Rabbies has got me wondering, and he never bled out ,so i am not chancing it. My trap is set now though, I'll get that sucker, @#$%* anyway a pretty crappy day. The thing is i was planning on giving Mr T to a very nice friend I met on the BYC as a gift, she really wants a Turkey and i thought I would surprise her, she's a great Gal. Anyway I guess it is off to the store for some hardware cloth tomorrow.[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

AL
    Mr T at the scene of the crime
    [​IMG]
    getting my mind right
    [​IMG]
    Did a rooster while I had everything setup
    [​IMG]

2. momma's chickens

momma's chickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 10, 2008
    Idaho
    I am sorry to hear about Mr. T. My aunt lost most of her chickens this year to a racoon, but she finally caught the sucker.

3. Nifty-Chicken

Nifty-Chicken Administrator Staff Member

I really hate coons! We lost our only duck and a hen just last week to a gang of 4!

4. wilds of pa

wilds of pa Chillin' With My Peeps

Yup chicken wire/poultry netting is really only to keep chickens, turkeys etc in..If a coon wants in it will get in..

Soon time to lessin the coon population here..about a week to go and mr steel will be set a few places within a 2 mile radius here..

Sorry for the loss..
    Charlie

Last edited: Oct 18, 2008
  5. al6517

al6517 Real Men can Cook

May 13, 2008
    It is really amazing at how cunning they are, I stood there for a long time and tried to imagine how this coon planned his attack. they are very very smart. but I am smarter, I think hehe.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by