Radjah shelduck?

Mamahen2104

Chirping
Nov 2, 2019
Vancouver, Washington
hi all!
I recently saw these beauties and saw on purely poultry they sell pairs for a whopping $579USD. Holy cow! Does anyone know a hatchery that may sell the hatching eggs? We aren’t looking to buy for a couple more years, we’re in the process of getting married and buying our homestead after (yay!) and these beautiful duckies are on my wishlist for sure! We’ll be in a hi-desert sort of area so I’m not too worried about climate for them since they are native in Australia. They also are not endangered so I’m wondering why they are so much?
Thank you!!
2A8973A8-8198-4821-B159-1E93163B6015.jpeg
940A64C2-43D1-4D6C-9B4F-3573ADA5CAC5.jpeg

Exotic ducks can just be really expensive, there aren't many breeders of them.

Plus a lot of them you will need permits if you want to actually get.
Makes sense! They’re exotic to America I guess so that is definitely a cause for price. If that’s the case and we end up putting the cash in, would there even be a market for selling hatching eggs/ducklings on our end? As far as I know they aren’t well-known around here

Makes sense! They’re exotic to America I guess so that is definitely a cause for price. If that’s the case and we end up putting the cash in, would there even be a market for selling hatching eggs/ducklings on our end? As far as I know they aren’t well-known around here
Some people sell hatching eggs from exotic ducks on ebay, but I've no clue what permits you will need for that I am fairly sure you need some kind of permit to sell wild birds. You'd have to look into your local laws.

If you are thinking about exotic ducks, there are a more people in the Ornamental Fowl forum than here on the duck forum who keep them. They will know more than most people here on the duck forum. I would definitely recommend looking into Mazuri brand feed for wild type ducks.

If you are thinking about exotic ducks, there are a more people in the Ornamental Fowl forum than here on the duck forum who keep them. They will know more than most people here on the duck forum. I would definitely recommend looking into Mazuri brand feed for wild type ducks.
Oh you’re right, I wasn’t sure if they were identified as sort of ornamental but I’ll definitely have to post there. Thank you!!

Back
Top Bottom