Rag Quilt Purse ~ Country Chicken

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by hannakat, Oct 1, 2011.

1. hannakat

hannakat Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 5, 2010
    Beaver County, PA
    Sweet County Chicken design that would make a great gift for that special chicken-loving person! Maybe for yourself!

This is a one-of-a-kind rag quilt purse made in the traditional manner with the X sewn into each square. This creation is made with quality cotton fabrics that include chicken fabric, chicken wire fabric and dark green county fabric. I used black flannel in the middle layer for fluff and color.

The inside is made with the same dark green county fabric. The pockets are made with the brown chicken wire fabric.

I integrate a sturdy lining in the bottom to prevent droop, which allows you to load it up!

Bag measures 12" x 8" with a 4" gusset.
    There are 2 interior pockets: one on the end and another on the side.
    The straps are made with adorable chicken wire cotton fabric. The straps are padded and double stitched for durability. It has a 10" drop.
    I used a coordinating button from my vintage collection for this purse.

This purse has been washed and dried once to start the ragging effect. Machine wash and dry. Smoke free home. Shipping determined by zip code.

NOTE: It is a very dreary day so all pictures were taken inside. I will upload new photos once the sun comes back!!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Updated photo taken in sunshine!
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 6, 2011
  2. Mrs. Fluffy Puffy

Mrs. Fluffy Puffy Fluffy Feather Farm

Jan 26, 2010
    Texas, Panhandle
    This is sooo cute!! [​IMG]

~Aspen