Rag Quilt Purse ~ Ooh la la ~ Black/Cream recreation

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by hannakat, Sep 29, 2011.

1. hannakat

hannakat Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 5, 2010
    Beaver County, PA
    Gorgeous purse for that special chicken-loving person! Maybe as a gift or for yourself!

If there is such a thing as a sophisticated rag quilt chicken purse....this is most definitely it!!!

This is a one-of-a-kind "combination of fabrics" made in the traditional manner with the X sewn into each square. This creation is made with French "Le Poulet" ~ Chicken print cotton, Moda "Remembrance" cotton fabric, and chicken wire cotton fabric. The closure is made with cream roosters on a black background, also from the "Le Poulet" collection.

The inside is made with a solid cream fabric and I used black flannel as the middle layer for color and fluff. I used dark blue/cream stripped cotton material for the pockets. The purse has one end pocket and one side pocket.

I integrate a sturdy lining in the bottom to prevent droop, which allows you to load it up!

Bag measures 12" x 8" with a 4" gusset.
    There are 2 interior pockets: one on the end and another on the side.
    The straps are made with adorable chicken wire cotton fabric. The straps are padded and double stitched for durability. It has a 10" drop.
    The button for this purse is a beautiful large, gold, floral swirl.

This purse has been washed and dried once to start the ragging effect. Machine wash and dry. Smoke free home. Shipping determined by zip code.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 1, 2011
  2. jerseygirl1

jerseygirl1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 20, 2009
    Orange County, NY
    Man, you are talented!!!!!!!

3. hannakat

Jun 5, 2010
    Beaver County, PA
    Thank you!

4. buffbeauty

buffbeauty Chillin' With My Peeps

May 13, 2010
    Central Arkansas
    I really want this for mom but feel greedy because I already got one for myself. I know this is the last one of it's kind...... UGH!! Decisions, decisions.....

5. hannakat

Jun 5, 2010
    Beaver County, PA
    It looks like chicken math applies to fabric as well...I succume to the temptation.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by