Rag Quilt Purse ~ Ooh la la ~ Black & Cream

hannakat

Songster
9 Years
Jun 5, 2010
Beaver County, PA
Need a gift for that special chicken-loving person? Maybe for yourself?! Christmas is coming fast!

If there is such a thing as a sophisticated rag quilt chicken purse....this is most definitely it!!!

This is a one-of-a-kind "combination of fabrics" made in the traditional manner with the X sewn into each square. This creation is made with French "Le Poulet" ~ Chicken print cotton, Moda "Remembrance" cotton fabric, and black chicken wire cotton fabric. The closure is made with cream roosters on a black background.

The inside is made with a solid cream fabric and I used black flannel as the middle layer for color and fluff. I used dark blue/cream stripped cotton material for the pockets. The purse has one end pocket and one side pocket.

I integrate a sturdy lining in the bottom to prevent droop, which allows you to load it up!

Bag measures 12" x 8" with a 4" gusset.
There are 2 interior pockets: one on the end and another on the side.
The straps are made with black chicken wire cotton fabric. The straps are padded and double stitched for durability. Has a 10" drop.

The button for this purse is a beautiful large, gold, floral swirl that doesn't show well in the pictures. I will try to get a better picture of the button since it oftentimes takes me longer to pick the 'right' button than it does to pick the fabric, and I'd like you to be able to clearly see how the design and color work together.

This purse has been washed and dried once to start the ragging effect. Machine wash and dry. Smoke free home. Shipping determined by zip code.

P1010287.jpg

P1010283.jpg

P1010285.jpg

P1010288.jpg

P1010281.jpg

Last edited:
That is so cute. What are the shipping costs? Need a zip or are they included in price?

Quote:
Thanks! I calculate shipping cost by zip code. If you want to know what it would cost to ship, send me your zip code.
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom