rain and my chickens / drama with the city

nicokl502

Songster
9 Years
Nov 3, 2010
Kansas City Mo
so after some drama with the the people two door down calling the city on me because they hate my chickens, i can keep my chickens but i have to move coop we wouldn't be able to move till the weekend so i just put my gals back outside in there coop they were very happy to be back outside, and i don't care what the people two house down have to say the city said we are fin as long as we move the coop when we can. but now they are back out and we are going to get rain the next two days and i am not sure how they will deal with should i just put them in there coop till the rain stop or let them out and they can go in when they want to????
smile.png

I agree with other posters. They will go in if they want/need to, but mine also love the rain. It brings all of the little worms to the surface of the soil! Yum!

Rain must not hurt chickens because they seem to enjoy being out in it. Mine run for the dry dirtbath area as soon as they get out in the morning. They go from the dirtbath out into the rain and end up looking like pigpen in the Peanuts comic strip. I don't know how they get cleaned up again but they always seem to.

Back
Top Bottom