Rain anyone?

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by carmeninthecountry, Mar 28, 2011.

1. carmeninthecountry

carmeninthecountry Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 9, 2011
    Oh I love the sound of rain on a tin roof... anyone else love to hear this? Just curious ... I could fall asleep right now!!

2. BrattishTaz

BrattishTaz Roo Magnet

Jan 8, 2011
    Tampa Area, Florida
    I do like the rain at night (as long as the storms are not too strong). I am sitting here waiting for it to start now.

3. redhen

redhen Kiss My Grits... Premium Member

May 19, 2008
    Western MA
    I do like the sound of rain when i'm trying to relax and rest....
    ETA: Unless i'm planning a picnic.. or i have a leaky roof.. [​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 28, 2011
  4. CoyoteMagic

CoyoteMagic RIP ?-2014

we didn't have a tin roof but my bedroom was in the attic when I was a kid. maybe an inch or so from the outside world. You could hear a squirrel poop if you laid there listening long enough, lol.

I swear every Christmas Eve day, what was going on ON top the roof was just as busy as what was going on Under the roof. The squirrels, birds, I swear even the ants were running back and forth, jump on and off the trees nonstop until the sun went down. There was no sleeping in Christmas Eve morning at that house!

5. 3chimama

3chimama Chillin' With My Peeps

May 8, 2010
    Pacific Northwest
    I have a metal roof and yes I like to hear it hit the roof however, I live in Oregon and I'm starting to get pretty tired of it!!! Tee hee!

6. carmeninthecountry

Mar 9, 2011
    I love tin roofs! It has been raining here for awhile... hope it stops so hubby can go to work he is driving me CRAZY!!! AHHH aggrivating me and will not get up and do nothing!! lord them men!!

7. Laurajean

Laurajean Slightly Touched

Apr 2, 2010
    New Hampshire
    I like the sound of rain when I'm going to sleep, but hate it when I wake up and it's raining. Soothes me at night, but irritates me as a way to start the day.

8. carmeninthecountry

Mar 9, 2011
    Yes I do not care about it during the day if it could rain at night a little then be warm and sunny the next morning at 5am sharp I would be set!!! I do not like to get out in all the mud and all that...since I live on mud island and have to tromp around in mud if I want to go outside... but everything has to be done and I am the only one in this family that will get out and do something!

9. carmeninthecountry

Mar 9, 2011
    Quote:LOL I always wanted to live in the attic never did make it up there... oh well probably for the best... i told my parents I would have chickens up there with me and i think that was put on the back burner from then on out...

10. Imp

Imp All things share the same breath- Chief Seattle

You mean rain stops? Who'd of thunk it.

Imp in Seattle [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by