Rain in Hemet!

GrammyKati

Chirping
5 Years
Feb 12, 2014
Today I found out that my 4 girls are intrepid explorers even in the rain. I wasn't sure how they would react as I had read many postings pro and con. I let them out to free range as usual and after a 20 second loud discussion among themselves they took off as usual, spent all day either hunting worms and put themselves to bed as they usually do. This investment in hens, coop, food and feeders has created the best fun I have had in years and the grand kids love them too. Our small dog is a little too curious but our Rhode Island bigger girl pecked her on the nose and that took care of that!

I am in Hemet also but am out of town so we did not get to watch the chicken's reaction to the rain.

We are in Hemet also (County). I was hoping to find some local chicken folk! Just getting started in chickens for my 3 sons who want poultry 4-H projects. I raised chickens as a kid.
big_smile.png

Deanna

We live in the County of Hemet and have 3 hens who are all free range and all laying eggs. They are pets for us and our grand kids, in fact I have to make sure they are allowed to be chickens and not carried around too much. Welcome to the valley.

Kati

Back
Top Bottom