Rain, rain, and more rain in New England

big greg barker

Songster
11 Years
Oct 26, 2008
central maine
Is the rain to blame for the drop in egg production? My hens are only laying half of what they were in May when there was a normal amount of rain and sunshine. Anyone else having this happen?

Mine seem to be laying okay, no drop that is. BUT AH THE DANG RAIN!!!
he.gif

I dont know if the rain makes a difference. I live in the seattle area but closer to the coast and it is raining cats and dogs here right now and my egg production is still staying steady. That is after a week of 80 degree heat.

As, for your white chickens....look for the walking mud balls! thats what my cornish look like right now. And another reason i dont own any pure white chickens!

Oh but I love the rain! My hens have passage under the house, they eat the bugs under there! hehehhehe so they have been spending lots of time under the house.....hehehehhe

I mean have you seen the size of the bugs in centrail FL? They scare me but my girls!....they go under for snack time! Love the rain!

This rain is like the movie Ground hog Day... Over and Over again!

yes lol. the weather needs to make up its mind. first its sunny then rainy, then sunny.​

Don't even get me started on the rain. Just the lack of sun is doing me and my garden in. My girls aren't old enough to lay yet, but my neighbors chickens have all but stopped laying. Could the dark weather be causing them to start a molt?

Back
Top Bottom