Rain, Rain, go away!

featherfooted

Songster
13 Years
Jan 11, 2007
Georgia
I have some MAD chickens. Its been raining here for a few days and the ground is soaked. This Morning it has rained so much that the yard is flooded, so I haven't let the girls outof the henhouse. I would hate to know just what they are saying as I know its not good. The run is under about 4" in water and raising. We aren't even near a creek or anything. To bad I don't have ducks they would love it. Here are some pictures I took about this morning its deeper now.

The coop

Backyard430Dec07.jpg

Backyard330Dec07.jpg

Backyard230Dec07.jpg

backyard130Dec07.jpg

Wow!

That's a lot of water!
You could always bring the hens in the house for a nice warm dry visit and perhaps provide them snacks.
smile.png

feather, this must be the same system that is dumping rain on us now. I know we need it but enough is enough. My hubby can't work on my new coop in the rain.
gig.gif

That's quite a good start you have on a lake! Thank goodness I'm on a small mountain! I hate to let mine out in heavy rain because they invariably get soaked to the bone then I have to lock them in all wet, which I hate. It's very wet here...in prep for dropping into the low teens in a couple of nights! Hope my power stays on.

This is the reason that my coop is over a foot off the ground. In 2005 on Easter we had 13" of rain and the whole backyard was under 9" of water. In places it was even deeper.

I don't think my DH would like me bring over 30 hens(mostly brahmas and cochins) in the house.

omg. that reminds me of texas where i grew up. and so fast, huh?

i will send my duck and two geese on a field trip to georgia. you should expect them in teh next half hour. they'll be flying non stop from new mexico and will probably be out in the yard splashing around before you know it. i think they'll prefer your water to our snow!

I feel your pain!
Even though we live on top of a hill, we have areas terraced and right now they are flooded.
I had to lay some bricks down just to be able to get to the coops without sliding down in the mud.
We really needed the rain, but not all at one time!

rooster I know what you mean. It has rained nonstop here since very early morning and I'm sick of it. Enough already. My chickens are wet even though they have a covered run, the rain is coming in sideways. The weather people say that tomorrow is going to be sunny, I hope their right this time. Laura

Back
Top Bottom