Rain, Rain, go away

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by mstricer, Oct 19, 2011.

1. mstricer

mstricer Overrun With Chickens

Feb 12, 2009
    Ohio
    OMGosh it has been down pouring all day, Every thing is a muddy wet mess. My freedom rangers are in at least 4 inches of water, My layers run is a river turning into a lake as it is starting to seep into the coop. It doesn't look like it is going to stop and there is no place to move the poor little freedom rangers. Luckily I was smart enough to make a perch when I built the pen. I did see my 2 Brahams and 6 EE 12 week olds filling up on worms like they were ducks at dusk. If anyone wants some rain place take it, do some kind of rain dance so it comes your way. [​IMG]

2. StevenW.

StevenW. Lovin' My Quackers!

Oct 7, 2010
    Central, Illinois
    Agreed. [​IMG] This rain is very depressing and its so COLDDDDDD outside!

3. Squishy

Squishy Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 2, 2011
    Florida
    LOL

Yesterday it was bloody well pouring buckets here all day long!

But then we had a tropical depression apparently?

All I know is I very determinedly went to spend time with my horse.... and had rain blowing in at me 6 ft inside the covered area... and gosh I had to tinkle so many times! [​IMG]

4. NickyPick

NickyPick Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 18, 2010
    Cypress, TX
    Rain, rain, come on down this way!

Seriously, we just got through a horribly dry summer and now La Nina is reforming, so there's not much hope for any real relief for the next season. We'll take everything you've got!

5. Avalon1984

Avalon1984 Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 22, 2010
    Muskegon
    Was building wooden fences in pouring rain yesterday. Yuck. All pastures are flooded. It sure would be nice if it’d stop any second now….

6. Farmerboy16

Farmerboy16 Rebuilding my Farm

Dec 30, 2010
    Sparta, MI
  7. Avalon1984

Avalon1984 Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 22, 2010
    Muskegon
    Quote:Ahhh farmerboy. I see we are kindred spirits. No end in sight for the rain yet. It is still pouring here. Be safe in the wet weather. I soaked through my carrharts in less than an hour yesterday. Have another day of fencing to do today. Thank Goodness for dryers.

8. TheBrumstead

TheBrumstead Chillin' With My Peeps

May 9, 2011
    Hobart, IN
    I'm in NW IN and we're getting nasty weather from Lake Michigan. In Chicago, they were getting 25ft waves last night from the lake. It's nasty, cold, windy, rainy, ick. And where are my girls? Scratching around in their unroofed pen, happy as can be.

9. feather and mountain man

feather and mountain man Corn fed Indiana farmgirl

Jan 17, 2010
    Southern IN is rainy, cold and windy. [​IMG]

10. mstricer

mstricer Overrun With Chickens

Feb 12, 2009
    Ohio
    It was raining all night, now we have a nasty cold front with stinkin winds [​IMG] blowing all my tarps everywhere. I wish I could send TX's some rain.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by